Monday, April 18, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #263: Oh No, Not A Reading Slump!


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I finished reading this past week:


So I finally read this one and I LOVED IT! No one is surprised though 😂 My favorite thing about it was probably the romance. Gemma and Leo? 😍😍😍


DNF:


And after that I was still feeling that sort of fantasy vibe, so I dove into this one. I liked the concept and I love mythology, so I started off super into it. But idk, once things got going I was just not as into it as I thought I was going to be. Idk what it is... it might me that the protagonist was kinda blah and the initial love interest a little TOO nice, and maybe not enough mythology? Idk. But I did read 100 pages of it, which is a 3rd of the book, so I did give it a try. I'm trying to get better about dropping books I'm not enjoying, even though it still makes me feel kinda bad for some reason 😅


Currently reading:

Image result for i got nothing gif


Up next:


Unfortunately, I think those 100 pages put me into a little bit of a slump because now idk what to read next 😫 I was hoping to read Chain of Iron next, but I just wasn't feeling it... even though I totally was just last week 😭 And I'm going on vacation later this week so I really need to pick out some books to take with me, but I just don't know what I want to read! 😫 And I was doing so good this year...


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. Oh no a slump! I hate when I finish a really good book and am riding that book high, only to be disappointed by the next one. It sends me into a slump probably 40% of the time. Lately I've been better because I do a lot of buddy reading in my COYER group and that helps me push past slumps. Good luck getting out of your slump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't enjoy A Touch of Gold. I read that one, and I don't remember that much about it besides the fact that it was based on King Midas and that I liked it. :-) But every book isn't for everyone, obviously.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I might not have been in the right mood for it, honestly.

      Delete