Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday Post #312: Superheroes and Birthday Parties


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

First week back at work went well. School hasn't started it yet, so things are petty calm right now. On Wednesday I had an appointment to get my hair done, but I ended up having to cancel it because my hair dresser now has two locations and that day she was going to be at the location that is one hour away and she didn't let us know about this till very last minute 🙄🙄 I've been trying to reschedule without success, but honestly at this point I might go to someone else. I have cousin who does hair, but she lives in Seattle which is about 3 hours away from where I live. But I might go to her instead and just make a weekend of it.

I went to another birthday party yesterday, another one-year-old, and it was pretty fun. It was at the park and it was HOT. I saw my cousin there yesterday, the one who does hair, and I told her I might be going to her one of these days. So we'll see!

But besides that, not much has been going on. I'm still working on writing reviews, and it's going well. Though I haven't gotten a lot done since I started work. But I'm getting there!

What I've been watching:


Still on the Criminal Minds binge. That's all I've been watching all day. Lol. I don't like a quiet house, so I always have something on in the background, and lately it's been this. I love this show!



I also watched the first episode of She-Hulk and I really liked it! it was funny! And I almost forgot that I went to the movies with my brothers and we watched the new Dragon Ball Super movie. Lol. I liked it though! It was really funny! I've missed this series. I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately, and especially not anything Dragon Ball Super, since I already finished the show. But it was nice to get back into it.

Nail art of the week:


Just a simple gradient. I was going to do some nail art over this, but we'll see.

Online

Posted this week:

#277: Let's Finish A Series, Maybe?

My Life in Books: 2016


Reviews:


Book Haul

Freebies:


Closed at Dark as an Amazon freebie that sounded really interesting. And Life is a Book I got from Cassie Clare's newsletter and I am so excited to read it! I love these characters!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! It’s hard to get in once we cancel a hair appointment! Yes, a weekend trip sounds fun!
    Yes, Criminal Minds has always been a favorite of mine!
    Pretty nails!
    Hide seems like an intriguing thriller! The Lost Herondale also seems like a good one!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So my hair dresser just got back to me, and we have something set up for Tuesday... hopefully 😅 We'll see. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Glad you managed to get another hair appointment (I see from your previous comment) - I'm sure that was frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, but it's done and I'm excited to put some color over it! Lol

      Delete