Thursday, August 4, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2022


July was a pretty busy month for me. I had work where we did summer school... that was a whole thing. And then the last two weeks of the month I was on vacation. I actually just arrived back home yesterday after being in Omaha for my cousin's wedding. It was a lot of fun and we did a lot of sight seeing, but those last couple of days I was definitely ready to come home and just do nothing 😆 August should be a pretty chill month for me though. I'm planning on getting a lot of reading done, but we'll see how it goes. ANYWAY 😆 In July, I read 5 books and 1 novella, and a total of 1797 pages, which is about 200 pages more than last month.

Books read this month:


Beautiful Demons started off pretty good. The premise was interesting and the story was quite intriguing, but then the amnesia thing happened and I was OUT. It was just really frustrating and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Game, on the other hand, was great! We have Jazz, the son of an infamous serial killer helping the police catch another serial killer... it was great! The way the story unraveled and the pieces came together was so good! I'm looking forward to seeing how the series wraps up.

And Only Bad Options... SO GOOD! But this is a Jennifer Estep book, so no one is surprised by that. Lol. It was this really cool blend of sci-fi, fantasy, and romance, and I enjoyed every minute of it!


The Night Shift is a mystery/thriller and I really enjoyed it as well. Th mystery was very intriguing and I was engaged throughout the entire book.

Flying was another one that was a little disappointing. It sounded super interesting: a cheerleader who discovers that her mom is an alien hunter and then her mom suddenly goes missing... yes please! But the execution was not so great 😬 And then main character seemed very childish. Idk, it was just not what I was expecting. But I did like the romance, so there's that. Lol.

And then Outlaw Rising is a prequel to a series. It sounded interesting, and this novella was okay, but idk if it hooked me enough to want to continue reading the series 😅

Favorite books of the month:


Definitely these two! The first is part of a series I already loved, and the second a book by my favorite author 😆

Least favorite book of the month:


This book was not it. It had potential, but I was just frustrated with the way it decided to go. Unfortunately, even though I have the next two books, I'm gonna have to pass on the rest of this series 😬

Books reviewed this month:


Cabinet Jack (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #16) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★★
Tear Down the Throne (Gargoyle Queen #2) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★

Other posts:


2022 Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

#20: I Think I'm Getting Somewhere


2022 Mid-Year Check In: Reading Stats

2022 Mid-Year Check In: Reading Challenges


Life According to Literature 2021


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment