Saturday, April 29, 2023

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon: April 2023


I have been craving doing a readathon lately, so I am so glad that this one came around! You can go HERE for more info on the readathon!

So for me, where I live, this will have started at 5am PST today, and it's ending tomorrow at 5am PST. It's days before the readathon as I write this, so just like last time, I still haven't decided whether I want to wake up at 5am or not. I like sleep too much 🤣

I'll be doing updates on Twitter and maybe on IG stories, for anyone who cares. Lol. And I may also update this post tomorrow, or maybe I'll do a little update in tomorrow's Sunday Post to wrap up how things went.


The TBR:

I'm obviously not going to be reading all of these, but as a mood reader, I need options. Lol.


My TBR this time mostly consists of sci-fi, horror, mystery... or a mix of the three. Lol. First up are two horror sci-fi books that take place in space, then two horror books by Mira Grant. I loved Into the Drowning Deep, so I'm excited to read more books by her!


Next, another sci-fi book, this one is a bit more chill because it's more about exploring planets. Although to be fair, trouble follows Siti wherever she goes. Lol. And then I have two science-y nonfiction books... well one is a fictional guidebook about building a robot army lol, and the other is about the terrible things humans used as cures way back in the day lol. And the last book on my TBR is a random mystery book. Lol. I just got an ARC of Have You Seen My Sister? so I just threw it in here too. Lol.


Update:


So I ended up reading one book and about 70% of another, which isn't too bad considering I had to go run a couple errands in the middle of the readathon. I was hoping to read more than this, but honestly, I finished one book so I'm gonna take it 😆 lol


Let me know if you're joining in on this readathon and what you'll be reading!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were happy with your progress because that's all that matters in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Especially considering that I decided not to sacrifice my sleep as well 😂

      Delete