Saturday, January 26, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #2



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

Simple enough, so let's get started!


The Exorsistah (Exorsistah, #1) Freaksville (Freaksville, #1) Half-Minute Horrors Falling Under (Falling Under, #1) Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)

The Exorsistah has demons and demon hunters, and while that's cool, the synopsis of this one isn't holding my attention anymore. Goodbye!

Freaksville sounds like other books I have read, so goodbye it is!

Half-Minute Horrors is filled with short horror stories, so yes! It's a keeper!

Falling Under sounds like it has too much romance and not enough of anything else, so goodbye!

Enshadowed is the sequel to Nevermore, a book I remember liking. But now reading the synopsis of the second book, I don't know if I want to continue it? I actually don't read a lot of these gothic sort of novels, so I'm gonna say goodbye to this one, too.

Possessions (Possessions, #1) Wildefire (Wildefire, #1) Dead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1) Haunting Violet (Haunting Violet, #1) Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1)

Possessions sounds like another ghost story, but this time with, well, possessions. Over the years, especially in horror movies, this has become one of my least favorite things in media. So goodbye to you!

Wildefire I added to my TBR list because of it has mythology. But going back to read the synopsis... nah. Goodbye!

Dead Is the New Black still sounds like fun! Paranormal stuff and mysteries, yes please! Keeping!

Haunting Violet is yet another ghost story and yet another book that sounds like I've read before. Goodbye, Vi!

Bad Girls Don't Die sounds like another possession book, so goodbye it is!


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 8
Total books kept on TBR list: 2

Man, I cannot tell you how incredibly satisfying getting rid of so many books was... it feels great!


And that's it for this week! Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

2 comments:

  1. I had read Wildfire a long time ago and it was meh at best. I also read Falling Under, I loved it but you are right, it had a lot of romance. Not sure if either would have been your type of read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad I skipped out on those two. Lol.

      Delete