Friday, December 13, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #42: I Finished... Finally!



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Malice Fangs & Fins (Blood, Bloom, & Water, #1) Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1) Freshman Sidekick Omens (Cainsville, #1)

From these book I'll be keeping Mailce (it just sounds incredibly amazing and I can't wait to read it!), Freshman Sidekick (superheroes!), and Omens (I love this author and this books sounds interesting! I can't believe I've missed this one!)

S.S.S: Year One (Supernatural Spy School, #1) Stepsister The Demon Kiss (Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy, #1) Dark Room (Red Eye) Summer of the Mariposas

And lastly, from these I'll be keeping Stepsister (about one of Cinderella's evil stepsisters! Yes!), Dark Room (murder mystery!), and Summer of the Mariposas (this is a Mexican American retelling of The Odyssey, which, YES! First of all, I myself am Mexican American, and second, I love Greek mythology! I need this in my brain asap!!! Also, La Freaking Llorona is in this. I. Need. It.)


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 4
Total books kept on TBR list: 6


Finally! FINALLY I finished going through my to-read shelf on GR!! Let's take a look at the damage...

Before...

And after!

221... I got rid of 221 books!!! I can't believe it!! Was it really that much? Damn! But it feels good! Lol.


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment