Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Bookshelf Tag!



I actually don't remember where first saw this, but this tag was created by Sajiid from Books are my Social Life.

1. How many bookshelves do you have?



I have two big bookcases, one smaller bookcase, and then a bookcase headboard.

2. How many books are on your bookshelves? Or how many books you think you have?



Oh man, I don’t know. A lot? Lol. I’m gonna say about 30 per shelf x 6 shelves = 180 x about 3 full bookcases = 540 books. Yikes. Sounds about right though. Lol.

3. How do you organize your books?



My two main bookcases are organized alphabetically by the author’s last name. In the smaller bookcase, the top shelf has some overflow of Fear Street books and a bunch of mythology books cause I’m a nerd, my only cookbook, some children’s books I’m gonna give away, and some nonfiction. The bottom shelf has all my nursing textbooks I refuse to get rid of because they were expensive as hell! Also, they still come in handy every now and then. As for my bookcase headboard, one half has books I’m gonna give away and the other half is books I want to read in the immediate future.

4. What is the oldest book on your bookshelf?



If this question means oldest published, then it’s definitely an R.L. Stine book. My research tells me it’s Blind Date, which was published in 1986... that’s even before I was born!

5. What is the newest book on your bookshelf?



I haven’t really bought many books this year, but this one is one of the newest... which I bought back in February 😂 I recently bought some more R.L. Stine books, but they haven't arrived yet.

6. What is the longest book on your bookshelf?



The longest book is definitely Queen of Air and Darkness with 912 pages! Wow! I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list to read next... some time soon. Lol.

7. What is the shortest book on your bookshelf?



And the shortest is these graphic novels that are 76 pages long each.

8. What is the predominant genre on your bookshelf?



YA urban fantasy!

9. Have you done a bookshelf tour?



Yes! I did one a couple years ago! You can check it out here!

10. Go on a random number generator and talk about the book that corresponds with that number.



493? Yeah, I don’t think so. Let me just include the books from my two main bookcases and let’s try again 😅



Okay, that's more manageable. Lol. book number 186 is...



Clockwork Prince! I love this book and I love this series! I also adore Jem! Idk, what more do you want from me? I love all things Shadowhunter-related. Lol.

11. Do you have fan merch or any other decorations on your bookshelf?



Yes! I have a bunch of stuff from old Nick shows (from a Nick subscription box), stuff from Supernatural (also from a subscription box), and also Shadowhunter stuff (that, yes, I also got from book boxes. Lol.)

12. Show us your bookshelf!



😊


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

8 comments:

  1. I love the shadowhunters light! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite things on my bookshelf!

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun tag! I love seeing people's bookshelves!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this tag looks like so much fun! I wish I had more room for bookcases. It's my dream that when I can afford to have my own place, I'll have a room solely dedicated to bookcases! And once that room is filled, the living room area is next! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes! That is a fantastic idea! I would love to have a room solely dedicated to books! That would be awesome!

      Delete
  4. A headboard bookcase? That sounds fantastic. Love your Castiel plush!! So cute. It's always fun to see other people's shelves.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's a deep headboard where you can store things... I, naturally, keep books in it 😂

      Delete