Friday, December 27, 2019

Top 10 Anticipated Books of 2020!



Just like last year, you'll notice a trend here in that most of these books are sequels or from authors I've previously read. What can I say? I like what I like. Lol. (Also, there's one honorable mention there at the end.)


MaliceHome Before Dark Instant Karma

I actually have an ARC of Malice (February 4th 2020) that I got like two weeks ago, but I haven't read it yet. I'm really excited to though because it just sounds so interesting! Basically there's a student who is going to wipe out a 2/3 of the school with a virus, but they don't know who it is. The main character is trying to find out who before the thing happens. It just sounds like it's gonna be very thrilling and I'm excited!

I feel like since I discovered Riley Sager, I will always be excited for his books. Home Before Dark (July 7th 2020) sounds like it's gonna a haunted house sort of book, which I absolutely love! I can't wait for that one!

As you may know, this was the year that I finally read The Lunar Chronicles, and my first Marissa Meyer book. I fell in love with her writing so I think I'll be excited for anything she writes. Instant Karma (November 2020) sounds really cute and fun. It's a bout this girl who suddenly gets the ability to cast instant karma on the people around her. I'm excited for this one!

I read The Babysitters Coven not that long ago and I really enjoyed it! So I'm really excited The Babysitters Coven #2 (2020) which doesn't have a title yet... and I don't really know when exactly it's coming out, but yeah 🤷‍♀️ Lol.

The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5) Paola Santiago and the River of Tears  (Paola Santiago, #1) Race to the Sun

The Tower of Nero (September 29th 2020) is the 5th and final book in The Trials of Apollo series. I haven't even started it yet, but as I said last year, it doesn't lessen my excitement for a Rick Riordan book. Lol. I'll get to the series eventually 😅

Paola Santiago and the River of Tears (August 4th 2020) is a Rick Riordan Presents book and I AM BEYOND EXCITED! You guys, this one is about La Llorona 😱 I can't even form coherent words right now. When I was a child I would hear stories about La Llorona from family, and I honestly don't know if they were true or not, but the freaked me the hell out. If you grew up a Hispanic kid, you were most likely scared with tales of the Weeping Woman. I sure was 😅

Race to the Sun (January 14th 2020) is another Rick Riordan Presents, this one has Navajo gods, and I am very intrigued by it. Can't wait!

Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)  The Lost Book of the White Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)

Chain of Gold (March 3rd 2020) was originally supposed to come out this year, but it was pushed back due to Cassie Clare having some health issues. So yeah, back on the list this one goes! I'm still excited for it, obviously 😉 Lol.

The Lost Book of the White (September 1st 2020) is the second book in The Eldest Curses series, which is a Magnus and Alec-centric series, which yes please! I still haven't read The Red Scrolls of Magic because I'm still not caught up in the Shadowhunters Chronicles, but I'm getting there, and I can't wait to start this series! I adore Malec!

Crush the King (March 17th 2020) is another book I have an ARC of, but haven't read yet. I love Jennifer Estep's books and I can't wait to see how this series wraps up!

Honorable mention:

Spartan Destiny (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #3)

Again, I love Jennifer Estep's writing so I had to include Spartan Destiny (January 14th 2020). The reason why it didn't make it to my main list is because I've already read this one. Lol. But it was great and I highly recommend this series! Any of her books, really!


Let me know what 2020 books you're looking forward to! I actually don't have very many on my tbr list... the list above is pretty much it 😅

Happy Holidays! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read Malice too. And ALL of the Rick Riordan Presents books---I love them!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished reading Malice this week and it was amazing! Highly recommend! And I actually haven't read a Rick Riordan Presents book yet, but I own a couple I could start with.

      Delete