Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas Songs Book Tag!



I've seen this tag over at Angel's Guilty Pleasures and also at a GREAT read, and I thought it would be a lot of fun to do! This tag was created by That Artsy Reader Girl and I think you have to pick books that you have read this year, so that is what I'm going to do (or at least try).


“All I Want for Christmas Is You”
Favorite bookish couple

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)

I'm gonna go with the obvious choice here... Alec and Magnus of course! I love Clary and Jace (I adore Jace!), but Malec, you guys... they're just 😍


“I’ll Be Home for Christmas”
Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.)

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)

I love this book! It's probably my favorite book in the series! So, not only is Gwen away from home going to an academy, but in this book they also go on a trip with the school to a ski resort-type place. I love the setting in this book!


“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.)

The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)

Well, I don't read children's books at all, and this year I haven't even read a single middle grade novel, so I'm gonna pick this novella from The Bane Chronicles where Alec and Magnus go on their first date. Guys, it was the cutest thing ever! It was awkward and funny and I just adored it! 🥰


“Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?

Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World Vol. 1 (Bleach Light Novels, #5) A Touch of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #1) Whiteout (RedEye)

A Bleach light novel for my anime loving self, A Touch of Gold for my Greek mythology loving self, and Whiteout for my horror loving self!


“Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”
Which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

Try any Cassie Clare book! Take your pick! Every single one of her books has made me shed a tear or ten 😭


“The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
Your favorite book/kind of book to read during the holidays

Silent Night (Silent Night, #1: Fear Street Super Chillers, #2) Silent Night 2 (Silent Night, #2: Fear Street Super Chiller, #5)

At the time of writing this post, I haven't read these books, but I do want to re-read them before the year is over! Anyway, I'm a mood reader so I just kinda go with the flow, but I do love to read holiday books that have a spooky/horror twist!


“We Three Kings”
Your favorite trilogy

Ink (Paper Gods, #1) Rain (Paper Gods, #2) Storm (Paper Gods, #3)

I really enjoyed this trilogy! It's a paranormal romance that had Japanese mythology and I really enjoyed that. I also loved that it was set in Japan.


“Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”
A character you would love to be snowed in with

The Bane Chronicles

Umm, in what way am I supposed to take this question? Because if it's just meant as someone fun to make things not boring, definitely Magnus Bane! He can do freaking magic! Plus he could get us out of the snow storm easy. Lol. If it's meant in the romantic, sexy way, definitely Jace 😉


“Last Christmas”
A book that seriously let you down

Stalking Jack the Ripper

I've talked about what a disappoint this book was quite a bit around here, but short story is: the characters were meh, the mystery predictable, and it wasn't nearly as thrilling as I was expecting it to be 🤷‍♀️


“White Christmas”
An upcoming release you’re dreaming about

Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)

Give me ALL the Shadowhunters!!


Let me know what books you're hoping to get this holiday season or what books you are looking forward to being published next year!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

2 comments:

  1. A Touch of Gold was great! Hope you found that one under your tree. :-) And now you've made me want to read Ink---I've been curious about that book for ages.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I actually did end up buying it on a Black Friday sale! And Ink was good! I loved the seeinyg in Japan and the mythology. I recommend that one!

      Delete