Thursday, December 19, 2019

Holiday Dinner Book Tag!



I've seen this tag around a bit, but one of the places I saw it more recently is at Angel's Guilty Pleasures. It was just a lot of fun to do! All of the books I picked are books I read this year, btw.


Auntie Brought A Pie
A book (or series) that is popular but you don’t care for

UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)

UnEnchanted has about 39.5k ratings on Goodreads with an average rating of 3.89/5 starts... but I was just very meh about it, which is unfortunate because I was very excited about it 🤷‍♀️


Time For The Main Course
Your favorite book(s) of the year

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official BootlegCinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

I re-read the 1st three books in TMI before I finally finished the series, and you guys just know I LOVE them Shadowhunters 😍 I also read a bunch of Elemental Assassin books this year and I loved them all! I read manga for the first time but I particularly loved Color Bleach+. I also adored the entire Lunar Chronicles series! I don't know how I didn't read them sooner... what is wrong with me?! Lol. I also loved Tales from the Gas Station, which is a weird, horror book based on some short stories you can find for free online. This world is amazing!

I read a little bit of everything this year: YA urban fantasy, adult urban fantasy (I actually don't read a lot of adult stuff, but give me any Jennifer Estep book and I will 100% love it!), manga, YA sci-fi/fairy tale retellings, and some horror comedy!


It’s Time For A Toast
A debut author that you can’t wait to read more from

The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)

This book was a lot of fun! The writing was very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to not only the sequel, but whatever else the author might come out with.


Anyone For Dessert
A satisfying fluffy read

Hey Diddle Diddle The Zombie In The Middle (Mellow Summers, #14)

Okay, I didn't read any light, fluffy reads this year. This cozy mystery is probably the fluffiest book you will find on my 2019 shelf this year. Lol. But I really enjoyed it! It was fun!


Where Having Leftovers
A book you would happily reread over and over again

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)

First off, the Mythos Academy series is one of my absolute favorite series just EVER, but this book, for whatever reason (actually, I give plenty of reasons in a little bit. Lol), is my favorite of the series. I first read Kiss of Frost back in January 2012 and then I re-read the book this year in January, and I kid you not, I have the urge to read this book again RIGHT NOW! I adore it! I love this world, I love the characters (Logan 😍), and I absolutely love the setting in this book! I may end up giving in and re-reading it before the year is over. We'll see 😏


Let me know what some of your favorite reads of 2019 were or what book/series you can re-read and never get tired of!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

2 comments:

  1. So many people loved The Babysitter's Coven---I definitely need to read that one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete