Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday Post #224: Birthday Wine!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

It was my birthday this past Friday, and while I didn't do anything exciting cause I worked, I did finally put up the Christmas tree and I even wrapped my first present!



On Saturday though I went to Leavenworth (a cute little Bavarian-themed town not too far from where I live) and we did some shopping. We had lunch there then we went into some of the shops, we had a glass of wine and I bought myself this bottle:



I'm really excited to try it because I love fruity wine! I am very picky when it comes to alcohol... I really only like the sweet stuff, and this particular bottle apparently tastes like apple juice with alcohol soooo yes please! Lol.

After we got back home we went to Bath and Body Works and I bought some more (I had literally just bought some like 2 weeks ago 😅) candles at the sale they were having!



What I've been watching:

Well, I watched Santa's Slay... again. Lol. But besides that I've just been watching YouTube here and there.

Nail art of the week from last week:

Last week I used a chrome powder on my nails. On my left had I topped it with a normal top coat, and my right hand I topped with a peel-off base coat THEN a regular top coat (because this helps protect the integrity of the chrome) and I was wondering how the mani on my right hand would last because of the peel off base coat and, well, I have the results. Warning: they are not pretty 😬



Yikes. So here is what happened: Everything was fine on my left hand, but on my right, the top coat started peeling off after two days. So because the top coat peeled off the chrome was exposed to the outside world. I wash my hands a lot, so naturally, the chrome just kinda washed away. This is such a hot mess I almost didn't want to share it. Lol. I need to re-do my nails ASAP!

Online

Posted this week:

#179: Nothing? Huh.

November 2019



#4: Losing Steam...

#41: Evil Librarians and Witchy Babysitters... Yes Please!

Book Haul

Nothing this week.

How Does It Compare? | This Remake Of The “Aerobics Video That Wins Everything” Wins Everything


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. In all the time I lived in Washington, I never visited Leavenworth, though I always wanted to. I'm still not too far away in Oregon, so hopefully I will finally make it there to visit at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live only 30 minutes away and even then I don't go often 😅 But it's really cute and a really fun place to just wander and go into all the shops. Definitely stop by there if you ever make your way up here again.

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a great birthday and happy belated birthday. That's nice you set up your Christmas tree, we just set up ours this week. I hope that new wine you bought is a good one. Candles are perfect for this time of the year. It's fun to get some hopping done :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Girl, I have an unhealthy obsession with candles... it's a year-round thing for me. Lol.

      Delete