Saturday, February 29, 2020

Monthly Wrap-Up: February 2020



I hope everyone had a great February! Mine was filled with work, tons of reading, trying to catch up on reviews and failing 😅😂

Books read this month:

How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1) Sisters of Salt and Iron (The Sisters of Blood and Spirit, #2) Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1) Neverwake (Dreamfall #2)

All of this month I read spooky books. I started off with some Salem witch trial action, then I moved onto some ghosty action, and then I moved into the realm of nightmares! I really loved the first two books, and the Dreamfall duology was pretty good too.

Be Not Afraid Tales from the Gas Station: Volume Two Alone Horrorstör

Next came a book about demons and exorcisms (meh), then more creepy/wacky Tales from the Gas Station (loved!), a mystery/thriller with a classic premise (that I loved in the beginning, hated the plot twist, but was kinda okay with the end? Idk... I have mixed feeling about Alone), and then a haunted freaking Ikea (it was really funny and really creepy!)

Scary Mary (Scary Mary, #1) Stalking  Shadows (Scary Mary, #2) Broken Spirits (Scary Mary, #3) Strange Girl (Scary Mary, #4)

And last, I binge read the entire Scary Mary series 😅 Don't love the direction the romance went, but I literally love everything else! Such a fun, interesting series!

Scamming Death (Scary Mary, #5) Mr. Conjure (Scary Mary, #6) Stolen Life (Scary Mary, #7)

This month I ended up reading 15 books, with the last 7 books being quite short at 200 pages and under, so that definitely helped.

Favorite book of the month:

Tales from the Gas Station: Volume Two

I of course have to go with Volume 2 of Tales from the Gas Station! I love this world and the characters and the absolutely bizarre situations Jack finds himself in. Its' a great blend of horror and comedy!

Least favorite book of the month:

Be Not Afraid

This book was meh, at best. I love horror movies, but some of my least favorite are exorcism movies because they're all the same and I don't find them very scary at all. I had the same issue with this book, unfortunately. Plus, I wasn't the biggest fan of the main character 🤷‍♀️

Books Reviewed in this month

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Bleach, Volume 58 The Shadowhunter's Codex

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
The Fire (Bleach #58) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis | ★★★★★

The Deadly Fire (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles, #3) Malice The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) Bleach, Volume 59

The Deadly Fire (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Malice by Pintip Dunn | ★★★★★
The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles #1.5) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★☆
The Battle (Bleach #59) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★

The Confession (Fear Street, #38) The Face (Fear Street, #35) Secrets (Fear Street Collector's Edition, #3)

The Confession (Fear Street #38) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
The Face (Fear Street #35) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Secrets (Fear Street Collector's Editions #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆

Other Posts

#5: Last Minute Scare

 sunday post  monday reading

 v-day  giveaway

 malice

 about me  calendar


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

10 comments:

  1. I read Horrorstör last year and I had SO much fun reading it. All the little links towards Ikea were so much fun.
    I'm glad you liked Cinder, I devoured the whole Lunar Chronicles series already, it's so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The idea of a haunted Ikea was just so much fun! I have also read the entire TLC series (it's amazing!)... I'm just really behind on reviewing it 😅 But what else is new? 😂

      Delete
  2. Wow, you really were super busy!! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The short books helped 😅
      Thank you! Happy March to you as well! 😁

      Delete
  3. Ah, I had fun with Horrorstör, but going into an IKEA has never been the same since. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet! After all the creepiness in the book... yikes. Lol.

      Delete
  4. My favorite for this month ended up being Two Steps Forward. I do enjoy ghost story books. Not to creepy that I end up stay up all night or just can not sleep at night. I already do that on my own. Check out my wrap up when you have time - https://nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2020/02/monthly-wrap-up-february-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that. It is very hard for me to get creeped out by books... or even movies. I guess I just watch so much horror that I'm almost desensitized to and I can sleep like a baby. Lol. 🤷‍♀️

      Delete
  5. Horrorstor was a funny, yet creepy one! I also loved How to Hang a Witch! You read some great books this month!
    Check out my February Wrap-Up at Lisa Loves Literature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Both of those books were great! Thanks!

      Delete