Saturday, February 8, 2020

Valentines Day Book Tag!



I saw this fun tag over at Angel's Guilty Pleasures! Happy Valentine's Day!

valentine

😉

Book Related Questions

1. Favorite basic romance plot.

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)

I like the slow burn romances. Jennifer Estep does a fantastic job at this, especially in the Mythos Academy series, which just so happens to be my favorite 🥰

2. Favorite classic romance.

orpheus and eurydice - Google Search

Oooh, okay. So classics aren't really my thing... BUT I love me some Greek mythology, so I'm gonna pick Orpheus and Eurydice! Such a sad story 😢 I mean, he goes all the way to the underworld to try and get his wife back 😭

3. Favorite feel good romance.

Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)

The romance in this was was so cute and sweet... I loved it!

4. Favorite sad romance.

The Space Between

This book was so heartbreaking it made me cry. But I loved the romance in this, too.

5. Favorite genre to add romance to.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Urban Fantasy! 🥰

6. Least favorite romance OF ALL TIME!

Roar (Stormheart, #1)

Anything with love triangles and instalove... UGH! But this book in particular had my blood boiling for a whole other reason: toxic masculinity. No fucking thanks 😤

7. Favorite literary couple in general.

The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)

This one is hard! There's so many that come to mind! But one of my all time favorites has got to be Malec! I haven't read this book yet, but Alec and Magnus... I adore them and I know this book is going to be great!

8. If you could have one literary significant other, who would it be?

So my mind immediately went to Jace because, I mean, come on...

Image result for shadowhunters jace gif

😍 I adore Jace! But I gotta be honest with myself, as much as I love Jace, I'm more of a Jem girl myself. He is so sweet and caring and just 😍

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

Non-Book Related Questions

1. Do you have a special someone this V-Day?

nope

Just my book boyfriends 🥰

2. Favorite V-Day candy?

Image result for supernatural chocolate gif

Any type of chocolate! 🍫

3. Will you wear red, white, pink, or none of the above on V-Day?



My answer was gonna be no, BUT I do have this really cute scrub top that I will probably wear to work that day! So yes, yes, and yes. Lol.

4. Favorite romance movie?

Gross. lol**

Ummm, I don't like romance movies 🙃 I like other types of movies that have romance, but not straight up romance. You guys, I pretty much watch horror movies every other day 😂

5. Favorite love song(s)–may have up to 4 (or more, I really don't care, just don’t go crazy lol)

Ooof. Another thing that is not my thing. I listen to stuff like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance... I am an emo girl who likes emo music. I don't do love songs! 🤷‍♀️ Lol. But, okay, I think I got one that may count. It's by Panic! at the Disco and it's so sweet! I love it!



I also listen to Backstreet Boys every once in the while when I'm in the mood... they definitely have some love songs! Lol.

6. Favorite thing about V-Day?

Image result for i got nothing gif

Cheap candy the day after? 😂

7. Least favorite thing about V-Day?



The sheer cheesiness of it. It's why I don't watch romance movies, listen to love songs, or read romance/contemporary books 🤷‍♀️

8. What are you doing this V-Day?

Image result for work supernatural gif

This year it lands on a Friday soooo I'm gonna work. Then I'm gonna go home and take a nap and probably watch Supernatural. Lol.


Let me know what some of your favorite books with romance are who some of your favorite couples are!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

4 comments:

  1. I don't do Valentine's day (thankfully neither does my husband or things could get awkward, lol) but I love romance in books! UF with romance is my favourite thing ever!

    I haven't read the Mythos Academy books but I recently bought the first book to see how I like it. I'm currently reading another Estep series - Crown of Shards - and I'm loving it.

    Also: Jem rules! Jace is yummy. Alec and Magnus are life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I don't do Valentin'es day either, but I also love romance in books... just not straight up romances 😅

      While Mythos Academy is my favorite, I love anything by Jennifer Estep! I even love Crown of Shards, even though I don't read a lot of fantasy. She is just such a good writer!

      Delete
  2. Valentine's Day is pretty much a non-event around here since it comes just three days after my birthday. I basically forget it exists. Oops!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Honestly, birthdays > Valentine's Day 🤷‍♀️😂

      Delete