Thursday, December 9, 2021

Holiday Drinks Book Tag


I found this fun holiday book tag over at We Write at Dawn. To make things a little more interesting, I ended up only picking books I read this year.

Hot Chocolate: Marshmallows and Chocolate and Whipped Cream, Oh My!
Recommend a book that's sweet through and through.


How appropriate! Lol. I just finished this one last week and I really enjoyed it! Janette Rallison always writes these really fun, sweet romances, so I of course had to go with this one! It was really cute!

Peppermint Mocha: The Flavor of Peppermint is Strong and Distinct.
Recommend a book with a lot of strong emotions.


This book.. I HATE The Cohort! They are terrible people and I just can't with these bigots! Every single time they showed up in the book they just made me so mad with the absolute vitriol they spat about the Downworlders... ugh! That being said, I loved this book! Lol. That whole situation with The Cohort and the Downworlders really resonated with things going on in the world today. And another emotion I got from this book was pure happiness. The ending was 😍 And not to mention the story at the end with Clary and Jace that may or may not have made me cry at how sweet it was. Lol. I just loved it!

Apple Cider: It's So Good It Can't Be Good For You, But It's From Apples—That Means It's Healthy, Right?
Recommend a book full of characters with questionable morals.


This series was so good! One of the things that made it interesting is that one of the characters we follow is a "villain." Nova went through some terrible things and wanted revenge. And honestly, I get it! I was actually rooting for her, even if the way she went about things maybe wasn't the best. Lol.

Eggnog: It's Creamy and Smooth, with a Little Spice, and Some People Even Add Alcohol to it.
Recommend a book that's mostly fun, with just a hint of danger.


This series is so much fun!! I love this world and the banter between the characters! What gives it a hint of danger is that this is a sort of murder mystery... but in space! It was great!

Gingerbread Latte: A Drink with a Veritable Explosion of Spices.
Recommend a book with a lot of action.

 
Any and all Jennifer Estep books! She writes the best action sequences, and this one was no different! This one might've even had more because it's the last book in the latest arc. Anyway, it was great! I loved it!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

4 comments:

  1. Ooh this one looks fun! I'm going to have to do this one too! Great picks! These are all new to me reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with you on Renegades! Great book with some seriously questionable morals. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That's what made it such a great read!

      Delete