Friday, December 31, 2021

Top 15 Favorite Books of 2021


Today we are finally talking about my favorite books of the year! It was hard to narrow things down, and since I make the rules around here, I picked my top 15 instead of 10 😉



First up, Jennifer Estep, of course. I love her writing and I was so happy we got so many books from her this year! Last Strand is the last book in the Elemental Assassin series for a while, and it was amazing! It was a great ending to this arc with the circle. Capture the Crown is a new fantasy series set in the same world as her Crown of Shards series. I absolutely loved this book! I was kinda surprised because I loved it even more than the OG Crown of Shards trilogy! The characters were just great! And A Sense of Danger is a standalone novel filled with spies and assassins. This one was also great, of course. The action was amazing and I really enjoyed the slow burn romance. Plus, I was just excited to visit a new world by Jennifer.


Tales from the Gas Station is one of my favorite horror comedies to read! I love the characters and the wacky/weird situations they get themselves in! And of course we have Ellie Jordan... this is another series I love! Midnight Movie in particular I enjoyed because it took place in a haunted drive-in theater, and that was just so much fun! Instant Karma is a contemporary romance that I actually really loved. I don't read a lot of contemporaries, but this being a Marissa Meyer book I knew I was going to like it. I loved the setting and it was just really cute!


More Marissa Meyer! She has quickly become one of my favorite authors! I loved the Renegades series! Nova was a very complex character and I loved following her as she found herself stuck between her loyalties to the Anarchists and the Renegades who are becoming her friends. Plus, I just love superhero stuff. Lol.


I am so predictable 😂 Of course Cassie Clare. Lol. I finally finished The Dark Artifices and I loved it, of course! I just love anything Shadowhunter-related! And don't get me started on The Red Scrolls of Magic... it was incredible! I love Malec and the adventure they went on! Being Jamie Baker was a paranormal romance I actually really enjoyed. I don't read a lot of those because they tend to be instalove-y, but this one was super cute! I really enjoyed the story and the characters.


A Good Girl's Guide to Murder... this series is amazing! I just love the intricate mysteries and the way they unravel... It's great! Plus the way the story is told is fun! It has a lot of little snippets of interviews and sometimes pictures. I love it! I Will Judge You By You Bookshelf was a very fun graphic novel made just for bookworms. I felt seen. Lol.


Honorable Mention:


One more Jennifer Estep book! Well, this one is actually a novella, which is why it's here, but it was great! It's a Beauty and the Beast retelling and I loved it! Not only is it gender-swapped, but it also has this twist when it comes to breaking the spell that I absolutely loved! It was brilliant!


What were some of your favorite reads of the year? Let me know! My tbr list demands it 😉 Lol.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of Renegades! I also love Marissa Meyer, but haven't read that series yet and I keep feeling excited every time I see it.

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I think you'll really love Nova!

      Delete
  2. I added "I will judge you by your bookshelf" to my TBR list and my library has it, so I can't wait to read it!! Sounds fun. Have you read Debbie Tung's bookworm books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS fun! I hope you enjoy it! I have not, but I will definitely check it out!

      Delete