Wednesday, December 22, 2021

2021 Reading Challenges *Update*


It's the end of the year, so let's take a look at how I'm doing on my reading challenges. I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I'm doing great ๐Ÿ˜… Lol.


2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Liliana has read 0 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

First up is the Goodreads Reading Challenge. Last year I reached my goal of 55 books, but just barely. This year I reached my goal of 75 in November and so far I have read 5 books over my goal! And with two weeks left in the year, I'm sure I'll finish a couple more books before the year is up.

Progress: 81/75 books read!

Challenge complete



The challenge: To read books you have owned prior to January 1, 2020.

Goal: Read 48 books from your TBR pile.

Progress: 39/48 books read.

Challenge incomplete

Last year I didn't complete this one, and I honestly don't know if I'll complete it this year either.



The Challenge: To finish as many series as you can

Goal: Finish 9+ Series

Progress: 9/9+ series finished

Challenge complete

I am so proud of myself! Finishing series is always a struggle for me, so I'm glad I was able to complete this one. And I just might finish one more series before the year is over ๐Ÿ˜



Goal: To read books with a location, real or made up, starting with every letter of the alphabet.

Progress: 23/26

Challenge incomplete

The only letters I have left are X, Y, and Z. Those are tough. I don't think I'll finish this one, but I'm pretty proud at what I did complete.



Goal: To read one book each week of the year.

Progress: 48/52

Challenge incomplete

I missed 2 weeks in August, so I already didn't finish this one ๐Ÿ˜ฉ And I was doing so well, too!



Goal: Search the books you read for various common tropes or clichรฉs. The overall goal was to get a blackout, but in reality I aimed to get at least one line.

Progress: 7/1 lines!

Challenge complete ✅

I did really well in this one! Of course I would've loved to get a blackout, but 7 lines is pretty great! I only have 2 squares left, so I still have a chance at that blackout!



Goal: Read each genre in the bingo card. And again for this one, the main, overall goal was to get a blackout, but 1 line was my goal for this one too.

Progress: 2/1

Challenge complete ✅

This one was more tough. There are a bunch of genres I just had no interest in, but I did pretty good overall! I only had 6 genres left!


A Marvel themed reading challenge!

Goal: Read as many books as you can for each category. (But realistically, I'm gonna aim to read at least one book for each of the 21 categories.)

Progress: 19/21

Challenge incomplete

This is another one I am SO close to finish it! I might be able to do it, but idk. We'll see. Lol.


2020 Discussion Challenge

This last one isn't a reading challenge, it's more of a blogging challenge.

The Challenge: To write more discussion posts.

Goal: 41+ discussion posts.

Progress: 39/41+ discussions posted

Challenge incomplete

4 more posts and I will have completed this one! And I know I WILL complete this one because I haven't finished doing all those end of the year posts. Lol.


And that's it! I have completed 4/9 challenges and I still have a shot at finishing 2 more. So we'll see. Completing 7/9 challenges isn't too bad.

Let me know if you're participating in any challenges this year and how you're doing! Better than me, I bet ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 comments:

  1. Even though you didn't quite manage to finish all your challenges, you came pretty close on a lot of the ones left!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete