Wednesday, December 15, 2021

2021 End of the Year Freak Out Tag


I was so happy when I found this tag last year! I've been doing the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag for a couple years and really enjoyed it, so I'm glad that there's now a companion tag for the end of the year!

Best Books I’ve Read Since July:


Of course Ellie Jordan! I love this series! And I love that even though we are so many books into the series, the cases are always different from one another! And yeah, Jennifer Estep cause you know I love her. Lol. A Sense of Danger is an espionage/urban fantasy and it was SO good! I loved it! And then A Good Girl's Guide to Murder? So freaking good! They mystery was intriguing AND well executed!

Best Sequel I’ve Read Since July:


This series is just SO GOOD! It is so well written and interesting and engaging! I love it!

New Releases I Haven’t Read but Want To:


Rick Riordan? Yes please! I haven't really been much in the mood for MG this year, but that doesn't mean I don't want to read these first two books. They are high on my tbr list!And Marissa Meyer I also love. I love her Lunar Chronicles series, so I am very excited for another retelling from her!

Biggest Disappointments:


I have read and enjoyed Riley Sager's other mystery/thrillers, but this one? Not so much. The main character was SO dumb and I just could not get over it. It was no good. Nothing But Blackened Teeth I was very excited for because LOOK AT THAT COVER! It's gorgeous and creepy! I was expecting ALL the scares and I got NONE! What I got plenty of was flowery writing that was just too much. Did not enjoy it. And then All These Bodies... I loved Kendare's Blake's Anna Dressed Blood so I was very excited for this one. But it was just really unsatisfactory and underwhelming. It was so disappointing.

Biggest Surprise:


Okay, so I'm not surprised I liked this book because it's Janette Rallison and I really like her work. What I am surprised about is that I picked up this book at all! I typically only read ONE contemporary romance a year, and this book is my THIRD one in 2021! And I liked it! 😱 Lol.

Favorite New Authors:


I found two great sci-fi authors and that just makes me happy! Alicia Ellis and Julia Huni write very different types of sci-fi, but I really love both. The worlds are just so fun and interesting! And of course, Holly Jackson. Her writing is incredible! The way the mysteries unraveled and came together was so good! And just the way the story was told... I loved it all!

Book that Made Me Cry:


Well, I haven't read a Cassie Clare book in the last 6 months, so none! 😆 Lol. The closest I came to crying was this book. I don't think I got teary-eyed, but I was really sad when Triana pulled herself away from Ty 😩 I love them together!

Book that made me happy:


This book, man. I felt seen. It was great! Lol.

Most Anticipated Books for the 1st Half of 2022:


So, obviously ALL the Jennifer Estep and Cassie Clare books! I don't know exactly what's coming out (book 3 of The Last Hours I know, but that's it lol), but I'm excited for ALL OF IT! Lol. I am also very excited for more Ellie Jordan. And a horror book from Kiersten White?? Yes please!


I definitely had a better reading year this year than last year. By this time last year, I had only read 15 books in the last 6 months of the year, but so far in the last 6 months of 2021 I have read 40!! Granted, I good few of those were short stories... but still!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

2 comments:

  1. OOh I need to do this tag! It looks like fun! Yeah, I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Kendare's book too. I was SOOO excited that she was returning to the horror genre, yet it felt very lackluster in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I keep hearing the same thing from other people too! I'm glad it wasn't just me.

      Delete