Saturday, July 7, 2018

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag



I saw this tag initially over at Abby's Reading Corner, but have since seen it everywhere. Lol. Anyway, I thought this would be a fun little thing to do 😊

Since I only read 28 in the first 6 months of the year, I'm gonna try to pick only one book per any category, otherwise I would put Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess in every single category I could. Lol.


1. Best book you've read so far in 2018.

The Fear Street Saga Collection  (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #1-3: The Fear Street Saga, #1-3)

I'm cheating a little here and choosing the omnibus, but I do actually own this book in paperback, so it's not really cheating, right?

shrug

Lol. Plus, this is basically just one long story spanning over 100 years, soooo... Lol. Anyway, The Fear Street Saga is absolutely amazing! I am in love! It tells the story of the infamous Fear family since they first arrived to the New World, all the way through to the 1900s when they finally settled in Shadyside and had a street named after them. Why? I don't know. Tragedy follows them wherever they go! And these three books reveal all of that. So if you ever wondered what the deal is with Fear Street and the Fear family, this is the series to read!


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2018.

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
My review

This book... it was



I adored it! I just love the Shadowhunters! I don't think it needs too much explanation 😉


3. New release you haven't read yet but want to.

Savage Island (Red Eye)

This book just sounds amazing! Apparently it's like Survivor, but with murder. Now, I've never seen Survivor, but the murder part is definitely up my alley! Muahahaha!

evil laugh


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of 2018.

You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1)

What can I say, I'm a sucker for Fear Street. You should now that by now 😉 Luckily I don't have to wait long for this book as it comes out at the end of the month!

[gif] Dean


5. Biggest disappointment.

Jinxed
My review

This wasn't an awful book by any means, but it definitely could've been better. In my opinion, the only good thing it had going were the amazing kills! Amazing, bloody descriptions!

Sam Winchester wallpaper in The Supernatural Club

I loved that! It had a pretty good mystery too, but it just didn't wow, especially since I was so excited to read it.


6. Biggest surprise.

Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards (Pullman High, #1)

Me reading contemporaries? Whaaaaaaat?!



And I actually really liked it! I just love Janette Rallison's writing! The romances are so sweet and cute, and she puts her characters through some really awkward situations and it's hilarious! Her books are pretty much the only contemporary books I have read... ever.


7. New favorite author.

Final Girls

I love horror (especially horror movies) and concept of a Final Girl is very interesting to me, so I was very excited to read this! I even have a Final Girl t-shirt!



So in case you don't know what a Final Girl is, she is basically the last girl standing at the end of a horror movie who goes up against the bad guy. You know, Laurie in Halloween, Nancy in A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.

And this book was amazing! It was very well written and the plot twist at the end was insane! I highly recommend it! I am very excited to read this author's other book coming out this month!


8. Newest fictional crush.

All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)

Logan! He is just so sweet and funny! I really loved him!

via GIPHY


9. Newest favorite character.

The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)

Surprisingly, my favorite character in this book is not the main character, but her best friend Donna! I loved her! And she wasn't even in the book all that much! She was very sassy and funny even under awful circumstances. She needs her own book. Lol.

Love


10. Book that made you cry.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
My review

Oh this book, it broke my soul! I cannot tell you how many times this book made me cry, but by the end I was a sobbing mess. However, I still loved it. Lol.

#supernatural #gif #castiel


11. Book that made you happy.

Holding Court

I absolutely adored this book! It was really cute and fun with some really funny characters... and it just made me happy. A plus: it had a really good murder mystery and a plot twist that actually got me! It always makes me happy when plot twists catch me off guard.

Falcon gif xD ||| Avengers: Age of Ultron


12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you've seen this year.

Annihilation (Southern Reach Trilogy, #1) "That's how the madness of the world tries to colonize you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality." Annihilation

So I didn't actually know Annihilation was a book until I looked up recent book-to-movie adaptations. But I really loved this one! It was very interesting and visually beautiful with an awesome cast! I highly recommend this movie! It's a sci-fi movie with some very light horror elements. And now that I've discovered that it's a book, I kinda want to read it!

Image result for annihilation gifs


13. Favorite post you've done this year.

I love numbers and graphs, so it definitely has to be my Bookish Stats from 2017. It was just so fun collecting all those numbers over the year! And, of course, I'm doing it again this year! Numbers and books, two of my favorite things 😊

 Bookish stats

P.S. Check it out! I even learned how to record my computer screen then turn that mp4 into a gif just for this post! I am very proud of myself. Lol.


14. Most beautiful book you bought so far this year.

Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)

I mean, look at it! Enough said. I am very excited to read it!

Bulma


15. What books do you need to read by the end of this year?

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

There are so many series I want to finish/catch up on, and this year these three are the ones I want to get through!

finish it


Let me know what books would make your list! And if you've done the tag too, leave me link! I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment