Friday, April 30, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2021


This month has been insane. You may or may not have noticed that I have not been doing my Sunday Posts lately... no real reason except that I haven't had the inspiration to write them. But I have updates: earlier this month we had a windstorm the blew roofing stuff over from the neighbors roof, over our fence, and landed right on my car 🤦‍♀️ It wasn't terribly damaged, thankfully, but it did have a bunch of scratches here and there, so my car was getting repairs done for like two weeks. I literally just went and got my car back yesterday!

Even worse, that same weekend our water heater decided it didn't want to work anymore and decided to make a mess on its way out by flooding our kitchen. There's a bit of water damage so they ripped up the flooring and we have no kitchen... all we have is a stove. It's been real fun over here 🙃 So yeah, I may have gotten my car back looking like new, but our house is still a bloody mess 😩 Anyway, onto the books!

Books read this month:


This month I read 5 books, 1 novella, and I completed 1 omnibus!


This later half of the month is when I read those really good books! Cassie Clare, Marissa Meyer, and Jennifer Estep are some of my most favorite authors, so I of course loved these all!

Favorite books of the month:


The Red Scrolls of Magic was 😍😍😍 But that should come as no surprise... I love the Shadowhunters! And I love Malec! They are just so freaking adorable! Renegades was also great! I really love this world and the main character, Nova, who is actually a villain I guess? And I say I guess because, honestly, I kind of get her motivation for doing the things she's doing. But yeah, I loved it! (Oh and the only reason I didn't include Touch of Frost here is because it was a re-read 😂 But I loved it! It was so much fun to get back to this world 🖤)

Least favorite book of the month:


Oddly enough, this Jennifer Estep novella was probably my least favorite read of the month 😬 I didn't hate this, but me and this series just started off on the wrong foot. The romance was too much... too instalove-y. This novella actually didn't really have romance, but the first book in the series kinda just left a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't really enjoy this anyway. And I just don't vibe with the main character. But like I said, I didn't hate it. I really like the superhero aspect and the world and the cool superpowers.

Books reviewed this month:


Be Not Afraid by Cecilia Galante | ★★☆☆☆
Call Waiting (Point Horror) by R.L. Stine | ★☆☆☆☆
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Blind Date (Point Horror) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆


Alone by Cyn Balog | ★★★☆☆
First Date (Fear Street #16) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
Friend (Bleach #70) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★


Jinx (Bigtime #3) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★☆☆
Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix | ★★★★☆
Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Baby, Hold Your Hand (Bleach #71) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★


Dating Makes Perfect by Pintip Dunn | ★★★★☆
Scary Mary by S.A. Hunter | ★★★★★

Other posts:

Top Authors I Own the Most Books From (as of 2021)!


Most Read Authors (as of 2021)


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. Always happy to see Marissa Meyer making the rounds, she is my fave YA author after all! SOrry to hear about the mishaps this month. Hope May is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa Meyer is amazing! I think I only have one book left in her repertoire before I'm caught up on all of her work. And so far, I've loved it all!

      Delete