Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sunday Post #403: Three More Weeks...


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Just three more weeks of school 😭 I have been really looking forward to this long weekend because work has just been nonstop lately. I just need the kids to keep it together for three more weeks though. Lol.

What I've been watching:

The Rookie, 911, Tracker... I'm hoping to watch some horror movies before the weekend is over, so we'll see.

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about following that feeling, the butterflies, and not listening to all the advice around you. People around me can tell me a thousand things, i'll still follow that feeling instead." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

This week I went back to my Alien Takeover save file where the goal is to fill the world with alien offspring. It's very 100 babies challenge... but aliens... and you have to kill the baby parents. Lol.


One of her kids is actually not an alien offspring but a Spellcaster, so she doesn't count toward the challenge (as per my self-imposed rule lol). I kept her around to help take care of the kids but I recently sent her off to university and I miss her! 😭 Not only was she super helpful with the kids, but Spellcasters are overpowered and super convenient to have 😆 I think when she is done with this current term at school I'm gonna move her back in. Lol.


Speaking of killing baby parents, here is one trying to escape the murder basement 😆 This made me laugh. Lol. He died immediately after this 😂😅


Here is something else that made me laugh... this Sim came home from high school super angry because of teenage mood swings. But as soon as I aged her up to a young adult she freaking died of a cardiac explosion! 😂 I've never had a Sim die in this way. It's so funny! But also annoying because I'm trying to take over the world with aliens! You can't just kill them off! Lol.


Anyway, her twin sister gave Grim a death flower...


And luckily she was brought back!

 

I love this game so much 😂

Nail art of the week (?):

This isn't really nail art BUT I did have a really bad nail break this week! Normally I would just file down my nails whenever I break one, but this break went across my nail bed! It actually didn't hurt because luckily (I guess?) the top layers of my nail are what came up, so some of my nail was still attached to my nail bed and I was able to avoid a bloody disaster. However, one side of my nail was still attached completely to my nail bed, so I couldn't just rip off the broken free edge. So instead, I just reinforced my nail with gel and slapped some nail polish on top of it 😅


I don't think this fix will last long, but the next time I redo my nails I'm gonna file them down and just wait for that break to grow out completely. And the worst part: I broke it putting a bag away 😂 I break my nails in the dumbest ways! Lol. I have built furniture with naked nails and not broken a single one. But I go and grab a bag or accidentally knock my hand against a cabinet, and a nail breaks. The clumsiness is real ya'll. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#368: First DNF of the Year

Book Haul

Library Loot:


Got a couple of science-y books from the library this week... one nonfiction, one fiction.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to play Sims every time I read the fun you're having! There are a bunch of horror movies out I need to either see at the theater or find out when and where they'll be streaming. I prefer the theater, though, so maybe I'll make sure to get out to the theater a bunch this summer. Our school year is over, but I am doing summer school, so I have the rest of June to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😆 Doooo itttt! It's SO fun! Seeing horror movies at the theater just hits different. It's SO good! And I'm doing summer school too, so I feel your pain 😔

      Delete