Sunday, May 5, 2024

Sunday Post #400: Miscommunication and Glitches


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

This week the 4th graders had an overnight field trip in Seattle (it's about 3 hours from where I live). I was not able to go with my patient because communication at the company I work at is terrible, even though I had told them about this trip since the beginning of the school year 🙃 It was just a frustrating situation. But I'm not too broken up about it personally because I know these kids and how high-energy they are, so I don't think I would've survived that trip being around them for like 48 hours straight, or whatever 😆 So I had two extra days off from work... which would've been great except I spent those two days with a migraine 🙃 Just my luck. Lol.

Aside from that, the Traveling Lantern Theater came over to the school on Wednesday and put on a play for the kids, so that was pretty cool. Oh, also the Apple Blossom festival is going on in town right now, but it's so tourist-y (and I don't like people 🙃) so I don't think I'm gonna go do anything. I was thinking about going to the food fair for a funnel cake, but that's it. Lol.

I also got some new nail polish that I forgot to take a picture of, but trust me, they're pretty! 😆 I actually have some very simple bookish nail art coming up next weekend with one of my new polishes 👀 I also touched up my hair color. It's a little bluer than I wanted, but it's fine. I'm just gonna let it fade now since I used up all the color I have. I'm gonna get the blond touched up sometime this summer.

What I've been watching:


I watched The Exorcist 3, and I swear, I don't know what happened. Lol. And it wasn't the movie. I feel like it's a good one! But the app I was watching it on kept buffering and it was driving me crazy so I eventually stopped paying attention and started playing The Sims 4 😆

Immaculate was horrifying! 😰 I really enjoyed this movie! The body horror in this, the things that poor girl had to go through... it was just a really good horror movie. It was very tense! I highly recommend it if you enjoy horror movies as much as me.

And Ghostbusters: Afterlife was pretty fun. I'm thinking of watching the next movie in the series today. But we'll see.

I also started watching a new TV show, Tracker. And if you guessed that it's because Jensen Ackles was just cast in the show as the protagonist's older brother, you'd be correct 😆 But I'm really liking it! I love these sort of TV shows! (As you may be able to tell by what I usually watch... The Rookie, SWAT, 911. Lol.)

What I've been listening to:


"This one is about someone in your life that you absolutely love, suddenly becoming the opposite. This person could mean the world to you, you can't wait to see them, spend time with them, but then something happens, and all that changes." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

I've been putting off playing the For Rent pack because it's still SO buggy, but my Super Sim has literally done everything else! This is the only thing she has left to do, so I gave in and started working on the Aspirations. And so far, she has done 3 out of the 4 without issue! I am impressed, honestly. Lol. I was worried that the maintenance/emergency events wouldn't pop up because that seems to be one of the issues with the pack. But as a tenant, I did have a couple pop up, so I was very happy with that! Especially because I needed them for the tenant aspiration.


Omg I feel like she's looking at me in this screenshot like, "F#@$! You wanted this to happen, Watcher? Really?" 🤣 Right now she's working on the last aspiration of the pack where she owns a rental property, so I really hope we get some events through this POV. We'll see.

 

And I know I keep complaining about her kids and her having twins, but look how cute they are 😭


(Oh yes, I did age them all up!) And this is their older sister who used to have dark hair but then she pulled a loose tooth and suddenly turned blond?? 😂 The bugs in this game, I swear. Lol. The next time I played the game she had dark hair again, so I don't even know what that was about. Lol.


I also did a couple of hoops in Stitch. The way this game is so satisfying and pleasing to the eyes 😌


And I'm still consistently working out, which is honestly shocking 😂 I tend to only work out when my mental health is a dumpster on fire... with everything else around it on fire as well. Lol. But it's been like 3 weeks now and I'm still making my way through Ring Fit Adventure!

Nail art of the week:


Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#366: ALL the Houses, Apparently
April 2024

Book Haul



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. The nails are beautiful! Your Sim pictures and talk makes me keep thinking about getting it again, lol. Immaculate is one I need to watch too. My mom loves the Tracker show, and the actor is just one I remember from playing Adam Newman, Victor Newman's son on The Young and the Restless for so long, not sure if I can see him as anything else, but now that Jensen Ackles is going to be on it, I might watch it, lol. Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really enjoying Tracker! I have no idea who the actor is, but I like him! Lol. But yes, with Jensen Ackles being cast, I immediately picked it up. Lol.

      Delete