Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday Post #402: Exhausted, But I Got a Pretty Book!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Another exhausting week of work. I'm honestly just counting down the days until the end of the school year. Lol. Almost there!

I did start a new diamond painting. These are so relaxing to do.


What I've been watching:


This past week I watched the new Ghostbusters movie and it was fine. It was fun! And then I also watched Hellraiser III which is weird for me. I love horror movies, but I have seen like 3 or 4 Hellraiser movies and they just aren't for me. But I was just in the mood for a Hellraiser movie! Idk why, it was weird! Lol. Well, no. I might know why. I'm still listening nonstop to Ice Nine Kills and one of my favorite songs by them is The Box, which is inspired by these movies. Anyway, I didn't mind the movie. It was fine! I might even watch another. Lol. Although Pinhead was giving me some Freddy Krueger vibes with his banter in this one. It was weird. Lol.

Aside from that, I've just been catching up on my regular shows (911, The Rookie, SWAT), and I think most of them are coming to an end for the season ☹️

What I've been listening to:


"This one is about someone in your life winning, but at the expense of you." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:


My Super Sim's grandson died, but luckily for him, she is a Spellcaster who knows the Dedeadify spell so she was able to easily bring him back. It was funny though because after she brought him back, she was still sad and the newly revived grandson was comforting her 😂


And then she went home, still sad, so she was giving herself a pep talk in the mirror when I noticed this rando just spying on her 😂 I love the nosy trait so much! It cracks me up!


And then I finally started playing with the new (to me) packs I got last week! I'm so excited! My Super Sim is going to university and she is starting off by getting the Art History degree. And there she is doing homework in her twin sons' bedroom 😂


And then this made me laugh so hard! First of all, the CAT is calling the kids to tell them to get home because of curfew, but the kids were out at a rec center with their parents at this time 😂 I can't with this game. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★★
★★★☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#368: A Little Bit of Adventure, A Little Bit of Horror

Book Haul

Purchased:


I've been in the mood for sci-fi horror so I ordered this one on a whim and it arrived so fast! I'm excited to read it!


And then a while ago I backed this book on Kickstarter and my copy finally arrived this week and I am so excited!! It's so pretty! 😭


The hardcover and the sprayed edges... it's gorgeous. I love Nikki Jefford! I have not read anything by her in, like, YEARS, but I am very much looking forward to getting back into her books.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot how much I liked The Rookie 😂 I watched the first 3 seasons (maybe 4?? I have no idea) and for some reason I dropped it and never came back. Let's be honest, I watched it for the Chenford moments 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rookie is SO fun! And the Chenford moments are definitely my favorite as well 😏 lol

      Delete