Monday, December 23, 2019

Top 10 Books I Wish I’d Read in 2019!



This is my first post in the Best of 2019 posts series... or whatever šŸ˜… Lol. These are all the books I wish I'd gotten around to this year but didn't for one reason or another.


Meddling Kids Revenge of the Evil Librarian Lock Every Door

These first three books are books I brought home from the library at one point or another this year and then I never read them and had to return them. When I ordered them I was totally in the mood for them, but by the time I actually had them in my hands my mood had moved on to other things. And it's funny because this is a repeat appearance for Revenge of the Evil Librarian AND Meddling Kids! I actually had these two books on this same list last year! šŸ™ˆ One day I will finally get to them, I swear šŸ˜…

Ex-mas The Witch of the North Pole (Cinnamon Mercy Claus, #1) The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)

The rest of these books are books I own and could've read at any time but didn't because... why? I don't know. Lol. Well, actually, I do know šŸ˜… The first two books are obviously Christmas-themed, so I wanted to read them this holiday season but I haven't because I'm just not in the mood. Ex-mas is a contemporary and I am very rarely in the mood for contemporaries... I actually don't think I read a single contemporary this year! Maybe next year šŸ¤·‍♀️ And then the next two books by Cassie Clare... I desperately wanted to read The Red Scrolls of Magic because OMG Malec šŸ˜ But I had to hold myself back because I was terribly behind on the Shadowhunter Chronicles. This year I (finally!) finished TMI and I think that at this point I could read it technically, but I haven't just to be safe and avoid spoilers. I have two more books in The Dark Artifices to read before I can finally have my Malec fix!

Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3) Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2)

And last but not least, these three. Another genre I don't read much of is fantasy. BUT I adore Jennifer Estep and everything she writes and I was lucky enough to get an ARC from her of Crush the King... but I just haven't read it yet. It doesn't come out till March 2020 so I still have a little time to read it. On this list last year, Stalking Jack the Ripper was one of the books that I included, and then this year I finally read it! I was hoping to get to the sequel as well, but it just didn't happen. Same with Gone Rogue. I read the entire Lunar Chronicles, read volume one of Wires and Nerve, and had every intention of reading volume two, but I haven't gotten around to it.


I definitely feel like a lot of these books will be read early next year, so wish me luck šŸ˜…

Let me know if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them! Also let me know what books you were wanting to read this year but just never got around to.

Happy Holidays! šŸ˜Š

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Revenge of the Evil Librarians! (Like I said in another comment, I don't keep track of these things anymore because I inevitably never read the books I list. :-) )

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete