Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Birthday Book Tag!


So my 30th birthday was yesterday and I just can't. I'm 30. I can't believe it. Where has time gone? Lol. Anyway, I found this fun tag over at Pages and Plots.

Birthday Cake
A book with a plot that seems cliché but you adore it anyway.


Haunted house books are some of my favorite to read, and the Ellie Jordan series is one of my absolute favorites! I just love it! It never gets old.

Party Guests
Your most anticipated book release for this year.


My most anticipated book of 2021 was definitely this one! Elemental Assassin is another of my favorite series and I was very excited to see how this arc in Gin's story was going to wrap up. And let me tell you, it was amazing!

Birthday Presents
A book that surprised you with how much you loved it.


Full disclosure, I tend to love all things Shadowhunter related, so I'm not totally surprised about this one. The thing that did surprise me was that at the beginning of The Mortal Instruments I did not like Simon at all. So past me would definitely be surprised at how much I loved this book! At the end of City of Heavenly Fire, I was wanting more Simon for sure, so I am thankful this book exists! It was SO good!

“Happy Birthday” Song
A book that certainly deserves all the hype it got.


This book is incredible! I only just read it last summer and I am so mad it took me so long to get to it! It's amazing!

Happy Music
A book with some very beautiful and truly memorable quotes.


This one again! The writing was great!

Getting Older
A book that you read a long time ago, but you think you would appreciate more if you read it as a more mature reader.


I've never really been into classics, especially not when I was younger. But I recently listened to a podcast talk about this book, and I actually really enjoyed the discussion on it. Now, I'm not saying I'm gonna go and read this now, but I feel like I definitely would appreciated more than my younger self who wanted nothing to do with assigned reading. Lol.

Sweet Birthday Memories
A book that kept you incredibly happy during a sad or demanding period of your life.


As I said, I love the Ellie Jordan series! This book in particular I read last fall when my grandmother was really sick with cancer. She unfortunately passed away not too long later, but this was one of the books that was a bright spot in all the darkness. Yeah it deals with death and ghosts and hauntings, but it's just a fun series and I love the characters. It was a nice reprieve to just get away from real life for a while in a world I love.


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! This looks like a lot of fun! Love your answers. My birthday is actually next week, so I think I'm going to do this tag and have it posted then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely fun to do! Happy belated birthday to you as well!

      Delete