Thursday, December 23, 2021

Top 10 Books I Wish I'd Read in 2021


It's the end of the year which means it's time for all the end of the year posts! These are always so much fun to do! First up are some books I wish I would've gotten to this year but didn't because my mood changes faster than my brain can keep up with 😅



This year I read Queen of Air and Darkness and The Red Scrolls of Magic, and I loved them, of course! I meant to read more Shadowhunter books (Chain of Gold and The Lost Book of the White) but idk. My mood just shifted and wanted something else. It actually wanted a lot of sci-fi this year! It was weird! But I found the Space Janitor series and binge read all 4 books in like 2 weeks! Lol. I really enjoyed the series so I was so happy to find out there was a spinoff series, Tales of a Former Space Janitor! I unfortunately did not get to that series this year, but The Rings of Grissom I will definitely be reading very soon!


Paola Santiago and Daughter of the Deep are two MG books I meant to get to this year, but my mood never cooperated. It just didn't want middle grade this year, I guess. Very briefly I was really wanting to read Daughter of the Deep, but by the time I was able to get it from the library the mood was gone 🤦‍♀️ Lol. Pitch Dark is a space horror book that I just acquired, so I am hoping to read it soon since I'm still craving that sci-fi. Dangerous Girls is a summer-y vampire book that I meant to read in the summer but it didn't happen cause I wasn't really in the mood for vampires. I was last year, but this year? Nope.


Maniac of New York is a comic book. I don't read comic books... no real reason why except the fact that trying to read any superhero comic is SO overwhelming because where do I even start? Anyway, this one is very reminiscent of Friday the 13th and I just need to read it because it sounds like so much fun! I'm doing a reading challenge in 2022 to try and get me to read more manga, graphic novels, and comics, so maybe I'll get to this one then! I love Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles, so I was very excited to find out she had written another fairy tale retelling in Gilded! I pre-ordered a special edition from Fairy Loot and I still haven't gotten it, but you bet I'm going to dig into it as soon as I get it! Lore is laced with Greek mythology, which is another thing I love. But this year I found that I wasn't really in the mood for mythology, but when I am, this is high on my list to read.


Well, why don't you just read these books even if you're not in the mood for them? You're probably not asking. Lol. It's because if I force myself to read something I don't want to at that time, it's just not fun and I end up putting myself in a reading slump. And no bookworm ever wants that. So that's why. Over the years, I've learned to just give into my reading mood, otherwise no one has fun. Lol.

Let me know if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them! Also let me know what books you were wanting to read this year but just never got around to.

Happy Holidays! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed both Paola Santiago and Daughter of the Deep. And I also still need to read Gilded!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that! I'm really looking forward to them!

      Delete