Monday, March 21, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #259: Second DNF of the Year...


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


DNF:


I've had this freebie for a while, but I pulled it out for St. Patrick's day this year cause it sounded cute... but I just couldn't get into it. I read 20% of it, but it was just very... idk, it gave me whiplash with how fast the character moved on from one thing to another. Idk, I just didn't vibe with it. I couldn't connect with the main character because we didn't really get to know her!


What I finished reading this past week:


Chain of Gold, on the other hand, I LOVED! But no one is surprised. Lol. I love this world and this was another amazing book in the Shadowhunter Chronicles 🥰 I really love the characters and I am very excited to read the next book!


Currently reading:



I read a couple more pages of Japanese demystified, about adjectives and adverbs, and I kinda got it! Lol. I also read the first 2-3 pages of Heartless, and honestly, I'm already loving Cath. Lol.


Up next:


I just got a paperback ARC of Tear Down the Throne so I of course have to start it immediately! Capture the Crown was amazing, so I am VERY excited to start on the sequel! I also of course want to read Chain of Iron, as well. I heard somewhere that this one was very angsty, and honestly, after reading that Chain of Gold ending, I get it. I'm gonna read a couple books before I get to Chain of Iron though, to mentally prepare myself 😂


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. Bummer on the DNF, but it happens and better to move on! Ahh I really need to read Capture the Crown! I love Jennifer Estep and am bummed I'm already falling behind on this new series. Enjoy that ARC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Capture the Crown was amazing! I hope you get to it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't started the new Estep series yet. I want to do what I did with the first trilogy and binge it when book three hits... Until then, I just collect them as they release, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have the patience for that 😆 I hope you enjoy the series when you do get to it! It's great so far!

      Delete