Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday Post #414: It's Basically Spooky Season, Right?


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Another week of work, but work I did not mind because I was not at school 😂 Aside from that, this week I scheduled a lot of reviews, all the way through most of September, actually! It feels really nice. But don't be impressed... these are reviews I've had written for a while just sitting there waiting to be scheduled. Lol. And on top of that, I'm still behind on writing reviews for the books I've read this year! 😬 I think this week I'm going to focus on that.

Aside from that, I did some shopping this week and went to a baby shower/birthday party yesterday. This is what I got the birthday boy and his unborn baby brother!

 

Of course, I got him spooky things 😆 And I regret not buying the baby spooky things as well, but I love what I got him! They are cookies and milk-themed and it is just so cute!

The baby shower part of the party was a very last-minute addition, but the theme was Baby Sprinkle and it was SO cute!


I have not seen the show that this is in reference to, Schitt's Creek, but it is on my list to watch!

And while I was at the store I also bought myself a couple of things, namely Halloween things 🎃


I don't care that it's August, I love spooky season and you are lucky I haven't started with the spooky stuff already! 😆

I also got a ton of nail polish this week. Listen, I may have a blog about books, but at this point, I think my addiction to nail polish is worse than my addiction to books because I at least have the library to borrow books from 😭

 

But these are SO pretty! I love neon nail polishes! One collection I look forward to every summer is Cirque Color's Vice collection because it's nothing but neons, which I love! And this year I really wanted to get their red (the first nail polish in the first pic, called Road Rage). Their neon creme formula is SO good! Two coats and you have full coverage! Aside from that I also got a shimmery coral and a red jelly that might honestly be perfect for Halloween 🎃

And then I also bought the neon summer collection from Cadillacquer, which is a fairly new favorite nail polish brand of mine. I fell in love with their reflective formula a couple years ago, but I've been grabbing different finishes of nail polishes from them, and I found that I also really like their neons! These aren't as full coverage as Cirque, but they are jellies so they are meant to be more sheer. But the thing I love about them is that they have really pretty iridescent flakies! I cannot wait to put all of these on!

What I've been listening to:


"This pluto tape is about how I'm highly reliant on caffeine..." -Unlike Pluto

That's it... that's the song 😂 When I say he writes the most relatable songs, this isn't what I mean exactly, but also, is it NOT relatable?? 🤣

What I've been playing:

This week I actually haven't been playing a lot of The Sims 4, shockingly, but I think it's because I've been focusing on getting those reviews scheduled. But I did play a little, though nothing to chaotic happened. Lol. Here are a couple of screenshots of my legacy save...


Dad and baby hanging out while mom is at work, and then mom aging up the toddler. The heir of the family is a child now so I'll be working on a couple of aspirations with her. And my main sim, the matriarch, is almost done with all of her tasks for the challenge.


This ⬆️ made me laugh! So, it was Bunny Day aka Easter in game, and the dad of my legacy save was watching TV, and upon closer inspection, I realized he was watching a horror movie with a killer in a bunny costume wielding a chainsaw! 🤣 And my sim was watching this autonomously! It was too perfect! Lol. (The TV shows and movies in this game are SO funny! One of my new favorite channels is the Telenovela channel because it reminds of my childhood watching telenovelas with my mom 😆 and they are as dramatic in the Sims as they are in real life 😂)

Nail art of the week:


Some neon purple (a Cirque Colors nail polish actually! From a previous Vice collection!) with a gradient accent nail and a blue iridescent topper. Today I'm going to be playing with my new nail polishes and I'm SO excited!

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★☆☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#379: I Love This Series Already

Book Haul

Library Loot:

   

A BUNCH of manga this week. I have A TON of books checked out from the library right now. I need to go through them and return some because there's a couple I have finished reading already 😅


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. Your nails are gorgeous! Did you do that gradient thing yourself? So cool! I love neon colors too when I get my nails done. Love the cute baby clothes too. I'm ready for spooky season here too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do all my own nail art! Though lately it hasn't been as frequently. Lol.

      Delete