Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sunday Post #416: A Book and Movie Marathon Kind of Week


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

My time off is coming to an end and I'm not ready 😭 I haven't been doing much besides reading, tbh. Lol. I'm doing a readathon this week and it is surprisingly going well! (You can check out my daily progress here.) I have a couple more days off, but I have a dentist appointment and I gotta go get the tires of my car checked, and then it's gonna be time to go back to work at school 😭

In happier news, I got a bunch of bookish things this week! I got some cute stickers and a couple of t-shirts!

 

My favorite sticker of all time 😆:


And then last week I saw Jessica at a GREAT read post about buying this super cute bookish blanket from Kohl's, so I obviously immediately went on the website and got myself (and my cousin!) one 😆


What I've been watching:

I watched some movies this week, shockingly! I had a lot of time between reading sessions. Lol. And they were all horror movies because that is literally all I watch 😆


I liked most of these. Tarot was just your average supernatural horror, though I did love the creature designs. Imaginary I liked less... I liked the premise but it got boring for me sometimes. I do like a horror movie with a family element though, so that was nice about this one. Alien was a rewatch. I hadn't seen it in YEARS and with the new movie coming out, I thought this was the perfect time to rewatch it. This is just a good, classic horror movie.


Abigail was a lot of fun! If you have not seen any trailers for this movie and you want to watch it, I recommend going in blind. I hate that the trailers spoiled the twist. It would've been so much fun to see that twist without knowing it was coming up. And I also really enjoyed Twisters! I love a sci-fi move, and this one I found to be very suspenseful!

What I've been listening to:

Omg another Unlike Pluto song that describes me 😭 It's so good!


What I've been playing:

I didn't play too many video games this week. I played a little bit of The Sims 4, and a little of Preserve. Speaking of which, here are some screenshots of the Marine Biome. It's SO pretty! (You can click on the images to make them bigger.)


And this is the Savanna Biome. Also very pretty. I don't play these two biomes very much because they're a bit more difficult 😆 But they are still really fun.


Nail art of the week:


Just some neon nail polish this week. Lol.

On the Blog

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#381: It Keep Getting Worse! (But Hopefully It'll Get Better?)

Book Haul

Freebies:


A romcom? Me? I know it's odd. Lol. But it seemed cute! And it was free at the time I got it, so... Lol.


Library Loot:


Picked up some more books from the library this week. I literally dropped off a stack of manga and came back out with more books (2 horror books and a nonfiction). Lol. I love the library 😌


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so far behind on reading reviews on blogs. You've got a bunch I need to check out! I need to see if that Preserve game is available on Switch, it looks neat! And thanks for the reminder about the blanket that Jess shared from Kohl's, I knew there was a reason I wanted to go there this week but didn't because I couldn't remember. So I just ordered it online, lol. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha glad to have reminded you about the blanket! It's SO cute!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't watched Twisters but it's got so many good reviews! Also, those bookish stickers look super cute and no, I'm not jealous at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twisters was pretty fun! I definitely recommend it! Hehe I needed some fun stickers for my boring kindle cover lol

      Delete