Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday Post #415: My Addiction to Paranoia and Preserve is Unreal


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Another week of work down. Nothing too exciting. However, I have the next 10 days or so off and I am very happy about that 😌 What I'm not happy about is that when my mini staycation is over it's time to start work at school again 😭 I'm not ready! I feel like this last month or so went by too fast!

I do have some plans this week to do some bookish things. I'm doing a readathon all this week and I think I want to go do some shopping and maybe go to a café and read there. Idk. We will see what my introversion actually allows me to do 😂

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about the constant worrying in your head, anxiety, replaying events over and over." -Unlike Pluto

Omg MEEEEE 😭 I fell in love with this in like the first  10 seconds of listening to it. Lol. And not only that, but the lyrics are SO relatable! It's me! 😭 I was cleaning yesterday and I kid you not, I think I cleaned most of my bathroom with this song on repeat 😂 I regret nothing. Lol.

What I've been playing:

I got a new game this week and when I tell you I am obsessed, I am OBSESSED. The first three days of me having this game, that's all I did. Just play Preserve. Here is the synopsis from the Steam storefront because idk if I could describe it properly lol: "Preserve is a relaxing puzzle nature-building game in which you flourish a vibrant ecosystem by cleverly placing plants and animals to create a perfect symbiosis to your liking." I love a puzzle game, but more than that, this game is so visually gorgeous!


Ah! Look at it! And here are some more screenshots (you can click on the images to make them bigger):


It's SO beautiful! And I just really enjoy the process of creating these habitats, especially because they turn out SO different every single time! And the screenshot below shows what the game looks like. You get these little cards to make your habitats and place your animals.


There are four different biomes, and the one I included screenshots of is the Continental Biome. There is also the Savanna Biome and the Marine Biome, both of which I've played but haven't taken screenshots of... I'll try and do that this coming week because they are just so pretty! There is a fourth biome that is locked, and idk when I'll be able to unlock that. But so far I am having a ton of fun with this game! It's a puzzle game, it's visually pleasing to the eye, and the music is super relaxing. It's so nice! It's on sale right now on Steam for only $10, which is great! However, it is early access which means it's not completely done and the developers are still working on it. But honestly, I haven't had any huge problems with it. Anyway, I love it 🥰 Lol.

As for The Sims, I played a little of it, but mostly it's just been Preserve 😆 I also started playing Ring Fit Adventure again yesterday and I felt like I was dying! Lol. And then this morning I woke and I also feel like I'm dying because I'm so sore 🫠 Lol.

On the Blog

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#380: The List Just Keeps Getting Longer
Bout of Books Readathon

Book Haul

For Review:


I got two sci-fi books this week and I cannot tell you how excited I am about both of them! Revenant-X is a sci-fi horror and the sequel to Paradise-1, which I loved! So thank you so much Orbit! I cannot wait to read it! Dark Quasar Ignites is part of the Space Janitor world which is this sort of cozy sci-fi/adventure situation. I love this world so much, and I love the main character Vanti, a Super Secret Spy. Lol. A huge thanks to Julia Huni! I am also very excited to read this one!


Library Loot:


And then I got two manga from the library because I'm still on that manga train. Lol.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. Preserve looks SO CUTE. That flower field is so aesthetic I just can't. I think I saw this game somewhere and I had no idea it was a puzzle game! In any case, it looks fun and relaxing to play

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to see if Preserve is available on my Switch, it looks cool! I got sucked into a solitaire game that pays cash, not that the person playing it made more than $40 one time, but still, it's at least fun in a way! I just need more time to read this week. Hope you enjoy your time off before school starts again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha at least you had fun! Preserve is not on Switch because it's early access and Nintendo just doesn't do early access, unfortunately. But it might go on Switch eventually when the full game releases (though idk when that is).

      Delete