Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sunday Post #413: Updates and Builds


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So this week I decided I wanted to give the blog a little bit of an update. Nothing too crazy, but I just wanted to fix some things that were making me crazy. The tabs, for example, I loved the dropdown menus, but because I added them via html, they didn't show up properly in mobile mode. So because of that, I've had the mobile view turned off for the blog. But I finally got the tabs properly (sans the dropdown menus, sadly) and integrated the mobile view again! However, I did not like how the tabs looked, so I did mess with the html for a long bit to get them to look how I wanted them to. Those little dividers between each tab, it took me so long to figure out! (I also want to go into the html for the mobile version because there are some things I'm not a fan of... but that's gonna have to wait for another day. Lol.)

I also changed the titles on the sidebar and I am pretty happy with them. At one point I had a background which is actually what I wanted, but I feel like the blog was too busy with all that, so I just left the little border around the titles. I also updated the 'Read more' link and upgraded it to a cute little button that matches the titles on the sidebar! OH! And I also added a little reel situation for my bookish nail art at the top of the sidebar! I am SO happy with it! And I was so surprised to find that the html to make to is SO easy! I was even able to link up the pictures to the posts!

I also added three columns at the very bottom of the blog, and I am pretty happy with how they turned out. Those three I added with the blogger gadget things, the Popular Posts gadget and the Labels gadget. However, I did not like how the OG blogger ones looked so I ended up going into the code and changing and adding things until I liked how they looked. And let me tell you, the Popular Posts section took me SO LONG to get right! Either there was something off with the pictures, or something off with the text, but when I finally got it how I wanted, it was very satisfying. Lol. I don't really know how to code, but I did a lot of googling, and I've been blogging for a very long time, so I've picked up a thing or two. Last week I actually was looking at blogger themes because I wanted a little bit of a change, but I decided against it because seemed like too much work. Lol. But what I did was also too much work because I spent an entire day just looking at code and googling things and changing things back and forth until I got things to look how I like 😂 It was tedious, a little frustrating a times, but it's always super satisfying when I can get a code to work how I want. Omg is coding a new hobby for me? 👀 I mean, no, but maybe it's something I should look into. Lol. I feel like it would be pretty cool to build a website from scratch. But man, that sounds like a lot of work. Lool.

Aside from that, I just worked. It's been very chill since school has been over and I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts 😭

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about how Time is eating us all alive." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

Lately, I've been doing a lot of building in The Sims 4, but I don't think I've ever shared the things I've built. This house I just finished yesterday after taking me like three days to complete! I am not a fast builder, I'll tell you that much 😅 But I am particularly proud of this one because everything I used was only from base game! I've built many houses in the time I've been playing this game, and I always use items from the several DLC I have, but I really liked the challenge of building something without those DLC items.


I particularly really liked how two of the bedrooms turned out. This one is the kids bedroom that has this sort of space theme and has a lot of bright colors:


And this one is a teen bedroom and it is SO cute! I gave her a little reading corner with a bunch of pillows under her window, and I just love it! This is a build I don't plan on using any time soon for any of my gameplay, but at least I have it for when I need it. I've just been really in the mood to build lately.


But moving onto the little gameplay I did do this week... the mother in my Mystical Motherhood/Every Occult challenge only just found out her DAUGHTER is an alien 🫠😂


Her werewolf son had a very busy week though. He came home from work, as a handyperson mind you, wearing THIS:


👀👀👀 And then he went on a blind date and it ended up being with Vlad, a vampire, who he apparently didn't even like... awkward 😂 Oh, and the next day when he came home from work I was looking for him in the giant freaking house I built, and when I found him he was being given a hand massage by Patchy the freaking Scarecrow! 😭 What even is this game?! 🤣

 

And then his vampire sister got abducted by aliens, and the sim standing next to her outside is their alien sister 😭 Like??? Did she plan this?? I mean, she didn't, but it would be funny if she did. Lol. The vampire sim has the evil trait so she's mean to everyone, so I honestly wouldn't blame any of the other siblings for wanting to get rid of her 😂 (Although the ghost sibling also has the evil trait, so this whole household is a mess. Lol.)

I also played a tiny bit of my legacy save file, and I don't remember where my sims had gone, but their infant daughter was sent to daycare, and when I loaded back to the lot, the infant returned, but she appeared on the sidewalk in the SNOW like a block away from the house!

 

You see that house on the right side of the screenshot? Yeah, that's not their house, it's way past that! 😭 It's so wild! But this is actually a normal thing for this game to do. Just spawning infants on the sidewalk in the middle of a snowstorm 😭 On a cuter note, I got this popup that made me laugh. Yeah, buddy, I would hope you have a romantic connection to your WIFE. 😂 In their defense, I hadn't played that file since I got the new DLC with all the new romance stuff. Lol.


My werewolf sim wasn't the only one with a questionable fashion sense. Lol. This guy, a neighbor, showed up wearing ALL the jewelry he could possibly find 😂 I swear, some of the outfits that are autogenerated for the townies are wild!

Online

Book reviewed this week:

★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#378: Slowing Down...
#33: I'm Counting This

July 2024

Book Haul

Library Loot:


I finally got my hands on some Spy x Family!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. I love all the changes you did!! And I understand you completely 😂 Sometimes, "tiny chages" are harder than bigger ones. Luckily there are so many youtube tutorials and blog posts that can help us. In any case, congrats on beating the code!

    P.S. my fave addition is definitely the scroll image thingy in the sidebar 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love the scrolly bit too! Lol.

      Delete
  2. I did something to mess up my blog theme and am not happy with my side bar right now. I need to take some time to fix that up. I love your 3 columns at the bottom too! And I love all your Sims updates! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm so sorry! That is very annoying. When I was making all the changes, at the end of the night when I was finishing up and ready to head to bed, I gave my blog one last glance and notice something was off and trying to figure out what it was was touch because I didn't remember what the last change I made was 😭 I eventually found it, but it took me longer than it should have because I was so tired. Lol.

      Delete