Saturday, December 21, 2019

12 Days of Christmas Book Tag!



I saw this fun tag over at a GREAT read and it was created by Lizzie Loves Books!


On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: A partridge in a pear tree.
The partridge stood alone in the pear tree. What is your favorite stand alone?

Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scarytales

Looking through my books, I narrowed things down to 5 standalones I really loved and I wanted to list them all, but I wont. Lol. Instead I'm gonna with the one I've read more recently AND read twice! Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scarytales is a really fun MG novel that mixes together fairy tales and nursery rhymes and spooky stuff! It's so good! I love it!


On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 2 turtle doves.
Love is in the air! Who is your one true pairing?

Malec

I've been reading a lot of Shadowhunter Chronicles this year so definitely Malec! 😍 I adore them! (Also, I need to get back into the show now that I've finally finished TMI because Malec was my favorite thing about it!)


On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 3 french hens.
In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you have read?

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

I might as well warn you now... there's gonna be a lot of Shadowhunters around here today 😅

So, I'm not really one to read historical-type books because they're just not my thing, but The Infernal Devices? Yes please! I love Will and Jem and this world in general!


On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 4 calling birds.
Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favorite series?

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

2019 was the year that I finally read The Lunar Chronicles and I'm really mad at myself for not starting it sooner because I LOVED IT! I was SO good! It is definitely one of my favorite series I have read this year!


On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 5 golden rings.
One ring to rule them all! Who is your favorite villain/antagonist?

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)

Valentine is an absolute sociopath and I hate him, BUT the reason why he did the things he did... I get it. He formed the Circle because he wanted to save the Shadowhunters from extinction and whatnot and I also agree that the Clave could've run things better. BUT, the way he executed things by, well, executing people, just... NO! Not cool, bro. But I think that's what makes a good villain: when you understand why they're doing what their doing, even though the way they go about accomplishing it is totally screwed up.


On the 6th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 6 geese a laying.
Creation is a beautiful thing. What is your favorite world/world-building?

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)

I love the Mythos Academy world so much! It is one of my absolute favorites! Which makes sense because I love mythology. Lol.

I guess I should also warn you that there's gonna be a lot of Jennifer Estep books around as well... she's my favorite author soooo 🤷‍♀️😅


On the 7th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 7 swans a swimming.
Who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick? Who’s your favorite animal sidekick?

Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)

The Fenrir wolves Nott and Nyx? Cutest things ever! They're also very protective and loyal and I just really love them 🥰


On the 8th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 8 maids a milking.
Milk is so 18th century. Which book or series takes beverages/food to a whole new level?

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)

Gin is a retired assassin and a full-time BBQ restaurant owner. And the food she makes... it sounds amazing! 🤤 I pretty much drool in every single one of these books. Lol.


On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 9 ladies dancing.
Dancing is just one skill of a Lady! Who is your favorite kickass female lead?

Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)

Speaking of Gin, well, Gin! Lol. Gin Blanco AKA the Spider is my favorite heroine of all time EVER! Redundant but true. Lol. She is just amazing! Not only does she kick major ass, but she's also very caring and fiercely protective of her friends and family, and I just love that about her!


On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 10 lords a leaping.
How about your favorite leading lad?

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)

I mean, come on. It's gotta be sassy Percy (Persassy? 🤔 Lol) Jackson. I haven't read these series in a hot minute, but Percy is just awesome... and so relatable!


On the 11th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 11 pipers piping.
What is your favorite book or bookish thing with musical influence? (It can be about music, reference music a lot etc.)

Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)

This question was a little weird... I had no idea what book I was gonna pick because none of the books I read are really centered around music. But then I remembered Evie's fighting style. Evie had a hard time during her training to be a gladiator, but every time she fought she noticed music flowing through her and that helped almost choreograph her fighting moves, which I thought was a really cool and interesting way of fighting.


On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 12 drummers drumming.
Drum roll please... what is your favorite read of this year?

Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

Correction: one of my favorite reads this year 😉 Since I had already mentioned the Shadowhunter Chronicles a lot and I also mentioned a bunch of Jennifer Estep books, I went with a book I hadn't already mentioned: Tales from the Gas Station. This is a horror comedy and it was just a lot of fun! I absolutely loved it and it immediately became a favorite of the year!


Let me know what some of your favorite heroines and heroes are! And also let me know what your favorite reads of 2019 are so far!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

Happy Holidays! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Bean Stalker, but I recently read Chosen by Kiersten White, and I love that series! I would love to read more by her.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete