Saturday, July 6, 2024

Top 10 Most Anticipated Books of the Last Half of 2024


There are so many books coming out in the last half of this year that I'm really looking forward to. I am SO excited for these!



We aren't getting any new Shadowhunter books this year officially, which makes me sad because I love my Shadowhunters. However, I did back a Shadowhunter project on Kickstarter, so unofficially, we will be getting some Shadowhunter goodness! The first book is Secrets of Blackthorn Hall and I just got the email this week that this book started shipping, so I'll be getting it in the next couple of weeks or so! Ah! I'm so excited!

I Was a Teenage Slasher (July 16th) sounds like a really interesting horror book because, as the title suggests, it is in the POV of the killer! Very excited for this one!

I have only read the first two books in the One of Us is Lying trilogy, but I loved them both so this author quickly got on my auto TBR list! Such Charming Liars (July 30th) sounds like another good mystery thriller from her and I am very excited to read it!


I always look forward to the books in the Ellie Jordan series, and the next book we will be getting is Mortuary Manor (Autumn 2024) and I am SO excited! A haunted mortuary? Yes, please! Like I've said many times before, the cases in these books are always very interesting.

I am always on the lookout for some good sci-fi horror, and This World Is Not Yours (September 10th) is one book that caught my eye. I love this genre and I cannot get enough of it!

Am I caught up in the Percy Jackson books? No. Am I still excited for the release of Wrath of the Triple Goddess (September 24th)? YES! I'm hoping that I'll have finished the Apollo series, the Nico/Will book, and the 6th PJO book by then.

I discovered Lynn Painter two years ago and I immediately fell in love with her writing, the cute stories, and the absolutely lovable characters she writes. I don't read a lot of contemporary romance, so this is pretty surprising for me. But I've been branching out a lot more lately and I'm honestly having the best time. I loved Better Than the Movies, so of course I'm looking forward to more WesLiz goodness in Nothing Like the Movies (September 24th). September 24th is going to be such a good day 😌


Another genre I've been exploring more is high fantasy, and Astrid Scholte is one author I discovered last year whose books I loved! There's something about her worlds that I just love. I also love the fact that her high fantasies tend to have a mystery/thriller element to them, and I love mystery thrillers so her books are perfect for me! Shadows of Truth (October 1st) is the sequel to League of Liars and I am SO excited to read it! The last book ended in a little bit of a cliffhanger and I NEED to know what happens!!

And of course, I'm going to include a Jennifer Estep book 😆 I think Only Cold Depths (October 29th) is the only Jennifer Estep book we are getting for the rest of this year? I'm excited though! I love this series! And since I'm on this author's ARC team, I'll probably be getting this book sometime this summer! I can't wait!

And last is another sci-fi horror, Revenant-X (November 5th). This one is the sequel to Paradise-1, a book I read last year and loved! It was such a well-done horror, but it ended in a cliffhanger and I need to know more!!


Honorable mention:


And one honorable mention is Spellcaster Wild Card (October 1st). This isn't officially out yet, but I did back this project on Kickstarter so I got an early special edition. I haven't read it yet though. Soon, hopefully!


Let me know what new releases you're looking forward to for the rest of the year because I obviously need to add more books to my neverending TBR 😆

4 comments:

  1. You've got a great list. I'm looking forward to Such Charming Liars too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing Like the Movies is on my TBR too! Hope we get the books we want and enjoy them!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2024/07/04/arc-review-49-miles-alone-by-natalie-d-richards/

    ReplyDelete