Saturday, January 30, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2021


I hope you guys had a good first month of 2021! My month was relatively uneventful, which I thank the gods for after the awful Fall I had last year. I did get my first covid vaccine this month, which is another thing I was thankful for. I had minor side effects for like two days and a sore arm, but nothing too bad (if you're curious about that, you can read more about my experience here!) I get my second dose the second week of February!

We had a trip scheduled for next month, but that has officially been cancelled. Not gonna lie, I'm glad it was. Even with the vaccine, I still wouldn't feel comfortable traveling.

Books read this month:


After having read so many mediocre books in the last half of 2020, I started this year off right. I LOVE the Elemental Assassin series, so I was very excited to get an ARC of Last Strand! And it was fantastic! It's the last book in the series for a while, but I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Gin just yet, so I decided to re-read some other Elemental Assassin books. And they were all great, of course 😉

Favorite book of the month:

I loved them all! But if I HAD to pick just one, then it would be Last Strand, just because the other ones were re-reads. But they were all great reads!


Least favorite book of the month:

No mediocre books this month! 😁

Books reviewed this month:


Everything But The Rain (Bleach #60) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Whiteout (Red Eye #10) by Gabriel Dylan | ★★★☆☆
The Last 9 Days (Bleach #61) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★☆
All-Night Party (Fear Street #43) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆


Heart of the Wolf (Bleach #62) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★☆
Hit and Run (Point Horror #26) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
Hear, Fear, Here (Bleach #63) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Karma Girl (Bigtime #1) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★☆☆

Other posts:



#11: Let's Finish Some More Series



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

12 comments:

  1. Great month for you, considering the world right now. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think it was. Lol. Thank you! I hope you have a great month too! 😊

      Delete
  2. I just read Spider's Bite due to you blog and loved it! Now to get my hands on the rest of the series... (library only had the first :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear! And the series just keeps getting better and better! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting your vaccine! My mom got her first shot this week. I hope you’re having a good February!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a great month too! 😊

      Delete
  4. Jennifer Estep is on my list to read some day. I hear great things. I got my first Covid shot a week ago, so will get my second at the end of the month. By now I guess you've had your second one, which I hear is worse than the first. But I didn't have much more than a little sore arm. Hope February is going well!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is great! Yes! I just got it yesterday and am staying home from work today. So far it hasn't been too terrible. Sore arm, headache, chills last night. But we'll see what happens this afternoon/tonight 😅

      Delete
  5. I am so happy to read that you received your first vaccination and probably by now have/are getting your second! I also don't feel safe traveling, especially with the variants spreading, so I think you made the right call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The second dose wasn't as bad as the first... no fever for me! Just some chills that night I got it, some body aches... but by the next day I was fine!

      Delete