Saturday, January 23, 2021

OMG That Song Book Tag


I saw this fun tag over at Emily the Book Nerd. With books I tend to read what I like... books within a series or books by the same author. And in this tag you will discover that I am the same way with music 😅 I just listen to the same bands over and over 😂 Like I always say, I like what I like 🤷‍♀️😂

1. My Jam:
A song you have to listen to no matter how many times you’ve heard it and a book that you’ll never get sick of...


An song with upbeat music and dark lyrics? Yes please! This is probably my favorite song right now.


I don't know what it is about this book that I can just read it over and over. It's especially weird because it's the second book in the series 😂 But I love the series and the characters and the setting in this book in particular is fantastic! Oh and the romance... don't get me started on Gwen and Logan 😍

2. Throwback:
A song that reminds you of the cringiest time in your life and a book you read that you wouldn’t like if you read it now...


Omg don't even ask 😬🙈


This is the only one that comes to mind. I honestly don't think I would like it as much as I did when I last read it 10 years ago... and yet, I still kinda want to read it 🤷‍♀️😂

3. Replay:
A recent song that you have on repeat and a recent favorite book...


There are so many recent songs that I've had on repeat lately, but I think I'm gonna go with Monsters by All Time Low. Their new album came out not that long ago, and I really love all the songs on there! But this is probably my favorite!


This is one of my favorite series of all time! The book isn't even out yet, but I already know it's gonna be a favorite of 2021! I love Gin! 🕷

4. Gets me:
A song that is literally me and a book that is me in book form...


I always say that if my life had a theme song it would be I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by MCR. Of course, I'm being facetious most of the time. Most 😉


This book could not be more me. It was a retelling of The Odyssey and incorporated Aztec mythology (I love mythology!), the main character is the oldest sister with the burden to care for her younger siblings (Hi. Yes, this is me. I have 3 younger brothers, the 2 youngest being twins), and they are all Mexican American (as am I. It was cool to see my culture represented in this book). Famous horror legends La Llorona and the Chupacabra were also in this book. And while I wouldn't place their presence in the spooky category, I still like horror and that they were included. So yeah. This book = Me. I really enjoyed it!

5. WUT:
A weird song that you liked anyway and a unique book that stuck out to you for some reason...


None of the songs I listen to now I would consider weird. While I don't actively listen to Barbie Girl, if it popped up on one of my stations, I probably wouldn't change it 😉


This book is a horror comedy, so in that sense it porbably isn't that unique, BUT super weird stuff happens in this gas station and it is just the best!

6. Let’s Go:
Pick your best pump-up song and a book that inspires you...


Idk, anything by Fall Out Boy 🖤


Oh man this one was hard. I don't tend to read inspiring books. I read dumb books about dumb characters trying to not get killed 😂 That being said, Gin is not dumb at all. Lol. At the time of writing this post I'm re-reading Black Widow, so I decided to go with this one 🤷‍♀️😂 M.M. Monroe tried to outsmart Gin in this book, but boy did Gin things turn things around on her! The things she did to stay alive... it was incredible! She is just so smart! And what is most inspiring and relatable about Gin is how fiercely protective she is of her family. I love that!

7. Chill:
Your best chill or relaxing song and a book you’d curl up with on a rainy day...


Ooh this one was also hard. I don't listen to chill music 😂 I was gonna say Pretty Venom by All Time Low, my other favorite song from their new album, and while it sounds chill, every time I listen to it it makes me emotional. Those lyrics, man 😩 I think the most chill, relaxing song I have is Northern Downpour 🖤


As for a book... I'm a mood reader, so there's not one type of book I would pick up on a rainy day. But if I had to guess, you'd probably find me with a Fear Street book.

8. Addicting:
A guilty pleasure song and a light, trashy read you can’t help but love...


This is another tough question. I'm never ashamed to like what I like and I just don't consider the things I like to watch/read/listen to as a guilty pleasure. That being said, Avril Lavigne is great and I still listen to her from time to time.


And the "trashiest" book you're gonna get from me is Fear Street. I love this series and I'm not ashamed to admit it 🤷‍♀️

9. Nostalgia:
A throwback song you look back on fondly and a book you read and loved when you were young...


Look back on fondly? Friends, I listen to BSB and *NSYNC to this day 😂


This books is one of the first Fear Street books I read back in middle school. I re-read it not that long ago, and you know what? I still liked it!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment