Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday Post #259: Retail Therapy


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

It was a rather uneventful week, thank the gods! Just work, work, and more work. My covid vaccine side effects are completely gone... they only lasted like 2 days. My sore arm lasted a bit longer, but it's better now! The bruise is still there, but at least I can move it around as normal now. Lol.

I've been doing a lot of online shopping lately. I tend to have these little bursts of buying a lot of stuff I don't necessarily need, and these couple of weeks have been just that. But it makes me feel better, soooo 🤷‍♀️😅 I don't always remember to take pictures of the things I buy, but I did this week, so I thought I'd share!

One of my favorite things to buy is nail art supplies. You know I love doing my nail art, so I am always on the look out for cool new things to get. This week I bought a new nail art mat and some nail art brushes. (I also re-bought gradient sponges and liquid latex cause I had run out of those.)


Now, I already have a nail art mat, but I've wanted this one in particular for a long time because the surface of it is shiny which makes it easier when I am testing stamping. Plus, that circle in the corner where I put my bottle of liquid latex? It expands into a little cup for water marbling! I'm no good at water marbling, and I already have a plastic cup where I do try, but having the little cup attached to the mat is so genius! Plus, I just like the look of this one better. Lol. I'm very excited to use it!

I also got more tea cause I'm obsessed. And I got this cute mug from David's Tea! It has glitter between two panes of glass and it moves around. It also comes with a glass lid to keep your tea nice and hot for longer. I love it! (Drinking Baked Apple Chai in this pic... it's SO good! One of my favorites!)


I also got a bunch of stuff from Amazon a little while ago, but one of the things I was really excited to get was this really cute notebook!


It's called a genkouyoushi notebook and it's to practice Japanese characters and Kanji and all the stuff. I've been trying to get on top of my Japanese studies because I fell terribly behind this summer. It was a tough summer/fall this past year, and I was just not in the mood to study, even though it's something I enjoyed doing. But I'm getting back into the swing of things... with the help of an alarm I set on my phone to remind to practice my Japanese every evening 😂


I named it Kanji Time... super creative 😂 But it does help me sit down and do some Japanese for at least an hour. (And yes, my morning alarm is called Wake Up, Sunshine... named it after the recent All Time Low album, which I love 😂) I use the WaniKani site to study Kanji, and as she can see, I have fallen terribly behind! I used to be on top of things, so my reviews never got over, I don't know 50. But look at that number! 600! 💀 I'll get it under control eventually 😅

What I've been watching:

I watched episode 3 of WandaVision and it is SO good! I already love this show! I'm excited to learn what the heck is going on! I also got caught up on The Rookie and 911. I haven't been watching The Blacklist much anymore... it just, I don't know. I feel like the arcs drag out as much as a season of Dragon Ball 😂 I really liked the concept of the show and the characters, but sometimes it just feels like a drag, so I'm gonna leave that for now and probably catch up on some anime cause there are some that are coming back!


Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

#207: More Assassin-y Things!


Book Haul

Freebies:


[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Purchased:


I'm still re-reading Elemental Assassin. Lol. This is another of my favorites in the series 🖤


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment