Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Post #258: Vaccines and WandaVision


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I got my first covid vaccine on Monday! I'm a nurse, so that's why I was able to receive it soon. I was actually very excited to get it 😅 Weird, I know. But it's just that I don't know how much more my anxiety can take with all this insanity and the vaccine makes me feel a smidge more safe. Though I still will be following all the precautions of wearing a face mask and social distancing because they still aren't quite sure whether someone who has the vaccine can still spread the virus. So there's that.


As for side effects... Monday night I didn't sleep well because my arm hurt so bad 😂 I had some chills the following day, then a full blown fever Tuesday evening. It wasn't anything terrible though, since I had been alternating between taking ibuprofen and Tylenol all day (for the arm 😂). That night I had some more chills and my arm still hurt so my sleeping was so-so again. Wednesday I was feeling better... I got chills maybe once that day. And by Thursday I had no more chills, although I did have a headache (and my arm still hurt 😂). All of these side effects are to be expected, so I was never worried.

I wasn't, however, expecting my arm to be SO sore though! It's funny because when I got the vaccine I didn't even feel the needle. But what I don't think helped my situation is that the nurse massaged the spot right after she gave me the shot, I guess to distribute the medication (this is not a thing that has to be done. I've never done it for the reason I'm about to explain.) BUT because she did that, my arm freaking bruised! 😂 So on top of the sore arm I was going to have because of the vaccine itself, now I'm sporting a bruise too! I think it's funny just because I bruise so easily. But anyway, I think that's why it seemed extra painful for me: the intramuscular injection + the agitation of the muscle tissue right after (aka the bruise lol). On Tuesday I could barely move my arm. And this might be too much information, but I couldn't even put on my bra! 😂 I had to wear one the closed in the front, which I'm not usually a fan of, but I had to 🤷‍♀️😂

So yeah, it's been an eventful week. I only took one day off work, though I probably should've taken two. But I honestly wasn't expecting the side effects. I'm just glad they weren't severe and that I only had for like 2 days. My arm is doing much better too! I have my full range of motion back and my bruise has faded to a sickly green 😂 Anyway, when you guys can get the vaccine, I highly recommend you do! And take some ibuprofen or Tylenol before you get your vaccine! It will help with the soreness. Oh and also take it before bed so you can actually, you know sleep. (I didn't take it Monday night before bed... I totally should've 🤦‍♀️😂)

What I've been watching:

I watched the first two episodes of WandaVision the day they came out and OMG it was great! It was really cute and fun and even though I still don't know what the heck is going on, I'm really excited for the rest of the show!


I also caught up on The Rookie. This coming week I'll probably catch up on some other shows I've been neglecting (cause I'm still sorta binge watching The Blacklist lol)

Nail art of the week:


I just finished this crazy rainbow gradient thing today! Yesterday? It's Saturday night as I write this, so whatever. Lol. This one took me about 7 hours or so 🙈 I love complicated nail art, what can I say. But I'm also a perfectionist, so that doesn't help 😂 (But I also did this on both hands! Hmm... 7 hours is still too long 😅😂)

Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

#206: Taking Comfort in Assassins


Book Haul

Purchased:


I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Gin yet so I'm re-reading some other books in the series. When I read these the first time, I borrowed them from the library, but now I own them and that makes me very happy 🥰


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the vaccine! Sorry to hear about the side effects- the bruising sounds no fun! I've heard the side effects are fairly common, but beats getting the virus. I hope the side effects don't scare too many people off...

    I love WandaVision so far. Lots of little hints... I need to know who the Beekeeper is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my hope too. I haven't heard of very many people getting severe side effects. I guess we'll see.

      Delete
  2. I got my first vaccine too and am scheduled for my 2nd one this coming Friday. Like you, I had the WORST arm pain and felt exhausted and the chills for about 2 days. The third day, I woke up and was completely fine. I am a little nervous about getting the second one because I hear that it could be a little worse so i scheduled on a Friday so that I do not have to work the following 2 days.

    Wandavision was so cute and I cannot wait to see where the series goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I wasn't thinking and scheduled mine for a Tuesday 🙄 I wasn't expecting the side effects then, but now I'm thinking I should change it to a Friday as well.

      Delete