Friday, January 1, 2021

My Year in Books: 2020


I always look forward to this feature on Goodreads at the end of the year. I love seeing an overview of what my reading year was like. I noticed that this year they changed up the design... it's more sleek. I like it.


Omg thank you Goodreads! Yes, I'd like to think I'm good at other things too 😂

So first of all, yes I did complete my challenge... but just barely! A year ago I had the fantastic idea that in 2020 I wanted to read 100 books because in 2019 I had read 91 books. For me, 91 was pretty amazing! But then March happened and I fell into the worst reading slump of my life. Later in the year I revised the goal to 75, which has been my go to number for the last couple of years, but fast forward a couple more months and I was still not reading as much as I wanted to. Finally I settled on 55 because it seemed like a more attainable number, and it was!


This year I read 36 books less than last year (yikes! 😬) and about 10k pages less than last year as well.


My shortest book was a freebie from Amazon, which I really enjoyed. I'm honestly a little surprised because I read so many Fear Street books this year and those tend to be shorter as well. And the longest book was Lord of Shadows! No surprise there as this series in particular has rather chunky books. Lol. I think Queen of Darkness is the biggest book I own, and I am planning on reading it sometimes soon!


My average seems to be around this number every year.


Unsurprisingly, the most popular book is The Song of Achilles. And with good reason... this book is amazing! The lest popular was Her Haunted Heart, which is a horror romance type series.


So that's a little overview of my reading year. I'm excited because tomorrow we're going to dive into this a little more in depth with my reading stats! 😆

Let me know what your reading year looked like in 2020! Was it as bad as mine, or did you manage to avoid to worst reading slump in history?

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of us lowered our GR goals in 2020. I did end up meeting mine because of the Cybils Awards, but before that it was looking pretty bleak!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I don't think I've ever had a more awful reading year 😬

      Delete