Friday, October 21, 2022

Movie Review: There's Someone Inside Your House


Title: There’s Someone Inside Your House

Based on There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

Rating: TV-MA

Release date: October 6, 2021

Run time: 1h 36m

Genre: Suspense, horror, mystery, thriller

Production companies: Atomic Monster Productions, 21 Laps Entertainment

Director: Patrick Brice

Stars: Sydney Park, ThΓ©odore Pellerin, Asjha Cooper

Watch it on Netflix

Synopsis: The graduating class at Osborne High is being targeted by a masked assailant, intent on exposing the darkest secret of each victim, and only a group of misfit outsiders can stop the killings.

My rating: ★★★☆☆

Starting this movies I was like, "Okay, here go.” Why? Because I wasn't a fan of the book it was based on πŸ˜… However, I do love horror movies in general, so I thought I’d give this movie a chance anyway. Maybe this would be a rare occurrence where the movie is better than the book. Plus, James Wan does good horror—I generally like his movies! And you know what, this wasn't bad!

One thing I really liked about the movie was the kills and how gory they were! I love a good, creative kill! And actually, the kills and gore are one of the only things I liked about the book too πŸ˜…

The one thing I didn't like about the book was all the freaking romance. The book felt like a contemporary disguised as a mystery thriller. Ugh! πŸ™„ I hated that. However, while there was romance in the movie, it didn't over take it, which I really appreciated.

Another thing about the book that I did not like was that the killer’s motive was dumb. And on top of that, we find out who the killer is WAY too early on in the book! Not in the movie though, thank god! They leave that till act 3, till the very end, as it should be. Take notes, book πŸ˜† And the motive in the movie was also much more coherent. The motive in the book was dumb as fuck!

Omg and don't even get me started on Makani’s secret πŸ™„ The one in the book was incredibly dumb, and it made no sense why she was hated so much. But the movie fixed that right up and made it better πŸ˜†



Overall, this movie wasn’t terrible. I liked that it was focused on the murders, and I really loved the kills! I liked some of the characters, and I didn't figure out who the killer was till the end, which is great compared to the book. Lol. This whole movie compared to the book was much better, in my opinion! But compared to the Fear Street movies, slashers that came out this past summer, it's not better 😬 I'm giving it one more star than I gave the book though so there's that. Lol. But it was an okay horror movie overfall with some pretty good kills. It was definitely better than the book, in my opinion πŸ‘€


Have you seen the movie or read the book? Let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a movie I'd enjoy watching during Halloween season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is perfect for this time of the year!

      Delete