Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Post #322: Horror Movies to Soothe the Pain


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Not much to report on this week... There was work, but I did only work 4 days, so that was nice. On Friday I reorganized my bookshelves and decorated the new shelving I had put up last week. Then I went to get a flu shot AND covid booster, and yesterday was awful! I literally spent the entire day in bed because everything hurt and I think I had a fever at one point. I didn't even brush my hair yesterday πŸ˜‚ I'm feeling a lot better today though, body aches are pretty much gone, but my arm where I got the vaccines is still pretty sore.

What I've been watching:


I watched the first episode of the new season of SWAT, and it was fine. I still need to catch up on the rest.

Friday I watched Thirteen Ghosts (one of my favorites!) and Grimcutty, to get into the Spooky Season spirit. Lol. Although to be fair, I watch horror movies year round πŸ˜† Anyway. Grimcutty was... interesting. I didn't love it, but it did have an interesting premise. And the Grimcutty creature was mostly creepy... sometimes it looked too cartoon-y to be scary though. Lol.


And then yesterday, like I said, I spent the whole day in bed feeling awful, so I decided to watch even more horror movies to make me feel better πŸ˜† Barbarian, I kept seeing rave reviews everywhere but it was just... fine. It had a pretty good plot twist, I guess.

The Inhabitant I did not like. I feel like not a lot happened in the beginning, and there were a couple of side plots I didn't get.

And then I re-watched Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills in preparation for Halloween Ends... which I also did not like 😬The whole Corey thing was so DUMB! I hated it! Why was that a thing?? Ugh. Maybe I was just in a bad mood cause I was in pain all day πŸ˜† Who knows. Lol.

What I've been playing:

I actually have not been playing a lot of anything lately. I did play a little of Power Wash Simulator, but I didn't even finish the level I started. Lol.

Online

Posted this week:

#287: Mostly Spooky, But A Little Cute

The Spooky Would You Rather Book Tag

Zombie Apocalypse Book Tag

Looking Back At Books That Were On
My Spooky TBR 4 Years Ago


Reviews:


Book Haul

For Review:


Eeee! I got an ARC of Conquer the Kingdom and I am SO freaking excited to read it! Thank you so much Jennifer Estep! And also thank you to Simon Pulse for The Do-Over!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment