Friday, July 7, 2023

2023 Mid-Year Check In: Reading Challenges


It's that time of year to check in on my progress for the reading challenges I decided to join. And I'm nervous. I'm hoping to be at the halfway mark on these, but I honestly don't think I'm doing well at all 😅



The challenge: To read 90 books in 2023.

Progress: 35/90 books (38%). Not quite the halfway mark I was hoping, but 38% isn't that bad... or so I keep telling myself. I'm like 10 books behind on this challenge and it's driving me nuts. Lol.



The challenge: To read at least 25 books released in 2023

Progress: 10/25 books (40%). This is another one where I'm not doing too bad, but I'm also not where I want to be.



The challenge: To read 36 books owned before 2023.

Progress: 21/36 books (58%). This one I am nailing though! I'm surprised because I have been doing really bad at this challenge for the last couple of years. Lol.



The challenge: To read 45 backlist books from my TBR pile that were published before 2022.

Progress: 16/45 book (35%). Yikes. This challenge is turning out to be harder than I expected 😬



The challenge: To read 10 Netgalley/Edelweiss books.

Progress: 2/10 books (20%). Omg this is so bad 🙈 Lol



The challenge: To read 5-10 series enders.

Progress: 4/5 books (80%). Look at me and my 4 series finished! Not bad. Lol.



The challenge: To read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.

Progress: 17/26 books (65%). This one hasn't been too bad, but with these types of challenges the last couple of letters are always the hardest ones to complete.



The challenge: To read one book that has an author whose first name, middle, or last name starts with every letter of the alphabet.

Progress: 16/26 books (62%). Ditto for this one.



The challenge: To finish the Soul Screamers and Shifters series.

Progress: 0/2 series finished (0%). I knew trying to attempt this challenge was a long shot, but I still have half a year to accomplish it.



The challenge: Read a book for each monthly prompt where the prompts play off of the book you chose for the previous prompt.

Progress: 6/12 prompts (50%). Right on track with this one! This is one of my favorite challenges this year! It's so much fun!



The challenge: 31-40 discussion posts written and posted.

Progress: 24/31 posts written and posted (77%). I love discussion posts. Lol.



The challenge:  6-10 reading challenges, entered and completed.

Progress: 0/6 challenges completed (0%). None completed yet, which is fine. I'll start worrying about this one (and the rest of them) at the end of the year 😆


I'm on track on 6/12 total challenges... which I guess is appropriate because that means I'm doing good on 50% of my challenges 😂

Let me know how you're doing in your reading challenges!

2 comments:

  1. So many challenges. Wow. Challenges stress me out. I usually will challenge myself with short challenges in duration, like the Big Book Summer Challenge, or Nonfiction November. Sometimes I will challenge myself to read certain award books but usually not too overwhelming of numbers otherwise the stress piles up. Good for you on your numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I take my challenges seriously enough... which is probably why I'm doing so bad at them 😂 But I'm a mood reader, so I just go with the flow and read what I want even if it doesn't fit any of the challenges.

      Delete