Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Summer TBR


I'm feeling like a summer TBR this year, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to follow through since it's quite ambitious. Lol.


Mythology/Fairy Tales:


First up is the Olympians series. These are Greek mythology retellings in graphic novel form, so they're fast reads, which I like. And since the series is finally complete, this would be another series done and off my neverending list! Yay!


I recently got Circe from the library and I'm really looking forward to reading it! Especially since I enjoyed reading The Song of Achilles a couple of summers ago. And then the Medusa's Gaze book is a sort of nonfiction book about monsters.


The next two books have some Japanese mythology, and The Empress of Time is a sequel to The Keeper of Night which I read last month. Gilded has Korean mythology, and Cursed is the second book in a duology that is a Rumpelstiltskin retelling. The Arkwell Academy series is one series I've been meaning to finish for YEARS now. But I think I'm finally in the mood for it. And it's been a while since I read the first book in the series, but I think I'm going to brave it and NOT re-read it and just continue on with the second book. I think I'll be fine... we'll see 😅


Horror/Mystery/Thrillers/Suspense:



You're Not Supposed to Die Tonight takes place at a summer camp where the guests apparently pay to be scared. And then things go wrong. Lol. Very appropriate for the season too. And Frightmares is also very appropriate because it also takes place in the summer, but this one is about a haunted house attraction! And I'm excited to read Some Shall Break, the sequel to None Shall Sleep. Although a sequel was unexpected, I'm looking forward to it since I enjoyed the first book. Dial A for Aunties sounds like so much fun! The protagonist basically accidentally kills her blind date so her aunties are called in to help. It sounds like a blend of mystery, humor, and romance, and I am here for it!



These next two books by Janette Rallison are romantic suspense books. I love her books, her urban fantasy, and even her contemporaries, so I'm excited about these two! I've been meaning to read Dangerous Girls for idk how many summers now, but for some reason, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Lol. Hopefully, it will happen this time. You guys know I'm not that big into epic/high fantasy... I literally only read like one or two books a year, but Four Dead Queens sounds SO good! And the world honestly sounds really interesting!


Let me know if you've read any of these books or what is on your TBR list for the month! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I loved Circe. I listened to the audiobook and adored it. Other gals in my book club, who read it, all hated it. I wonder if you will agree with me or them.

    Today I am discussing favorite summer novels. Please join in the discussion Do You agree, summer novel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! I think I will love it! I read The Song of Achilles a couple years ago and I thought it was amazing! And this year I read Galatea by her and really enjoyed it too!

      Delete