Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2023 (So Far)


We're halfway into the year and I have read 35 books so far. And overall, it has been a pretty good reading year. I have not read any books that have been 2- or 1-star reads, but I did DNF one book. Anyway, here are my top 10 favorite books of the year so far!



First up, Cassandra Clare, of course. I just really like the Shadowhunters, okay? Lol. I finished The Last Hours series and really enjoyed it. I loved the characters and the overall story, even though it felt like it took me a million years to finish Chain of Thorns because it was so long 😅

We Jace You a Clary Xmas was a collection of short stories all about, well, Jace and Clary. Lol. It was so good! It was so nice to revisit these characters.


And then a bunch of things from Jennifer Estep! First, we got the finale of the Gargoyle Queen series and it was so good! I don't read a lot of epic/high fantasy just because I'm not that big a fan, but this series was so good! The magic system was great, I loved the characters, and her books are always action-packed, which I always love.

Heart Stings is the next installment in the Elemental Assassin series, a novella in Lorelei Parker's POV and I freaking loved it! I loved that we got a more in-depth look into Lorelei and Tucker's complicated relationship because I always found it intriguing. And this novella was just perfect! I loved the bickering and the sexual tension, and of course, the action!

The next book isn't even out yet, but I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Only Good Enemies, and you bet I read it as soon as I got it! It was SO good! When it comes to this series, I just really love the combination of sci-fi with fantasy elements, and the slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers romance was the cherry on top.

And then we got the latest book in the Space Janitor series, which you know is another series I'm obsessed with. Lol. This particular book in the series I loved more than usual, I think because of the whole multiverse aspect. It was just so much fun and I just love following these characters.


I liked My Plain Jane more than I thought I would! It was a retelling of Jane Eyre... but with ghosts! And I loved it! I loved the ghost aspect and I really liked the characters. Plus, it was overall such a fun book.

What If? is another book I enjoyed more than I thought I would! It was very informative, but it was also really fun! It answered a bunch of dumb science-y questions I didn't know I needed answered 😆 It was great!

And Quackery was another science-y nonfiction, but this one was medical science. Specifically talking about the worst cures from back in the day. It was ridiculous and I don't know how people even survived. Lol. But the book was good! The writing was easy to understand, but it was also sassy, which I loved.


Let me know what some of your favorite books have been so far this year! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I've read other books in the Jane series but not Plain Jane. The others were so funny. Was this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's one of the things I liked about it!

      Delete