Saturday, June 17, 2023

Reading Challenge Catch-Up


I have the following week off of work and my plan is to get reading done. A lot of reading done. I am terribly behind on my Goodreads reading challenge...


It's bad, you guys 😬 So this week my goal is to read at least FIVE (5) books! I was going to do a TBR, but I don't think my mood would cooperate at this time, so I'm just gonna go with the flow. I do have a couple of challenges I'm doing where I'm gonna try and grab some prompts for inspiration though, because the Goodreads challenge isn't the only one I'm behind on 😅


The Summer Library Program has officially began at my local public library! One of the many activities they have is a book bingo that is a mix of books to read and activities to do. In the list below, I just pulled the prompts for reading books.
  1. A book by a WA state author
  2. Recommended by a librarian or friend
  3. ✅A picture book: Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory (Olympians #3) by George O'Connor
  4. Book from Lucky Day collection
  5. Book from Mail Order Catalog
  6. Banned or challenged book
  7. Award winning book
  8. Listen to an audiobook
  9. Book from NW collection
  10. Fiction set in another country: The Keeper of Night by Kylie Lee Baker
  11. Memoir or biography


This next challenge is a quarterly challenge that will be ending in June and I am really behind! The trick to this challenge is the prompts play off of the last book you read, and I'm just stuck on #4. Hopefully I'll get unstuck this week.
  1. A book that is in the same genre as the last book you read.
  2. A book published any time after book #1.
  3. A book where the title starts with the same letter as the title of book #2.
  4. A book that has been on your TBR longer than book #3: Moonlight Secrets (Fear Street Nights #1) by R.L. Stine
  5. A book where the title starts with the first letter of the author’s last name from book #4.
  6. A book that is shorter than book #5.
  7. A book with a page count that is within 50 pages of book #6's page count.
  8. A book with a title that has less words than the title of book #7.
  9. A book set in the same country/world as book #8.
  10. A book by an author whose name has more letters than the author of book #9


So that's my plan for the week. Read. And hopefully catch up on a couple of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment