Saturday, December 31, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: December 2022


Ah! I can't believe it's the end of the year already! This year really flew by!

This month I read 5 books and 1 novella, for a total of 1591 pages.
  • 2 were 5-star books, 2 were 4-star books, and 2 were 3-star books
  • 2 were adult and 4 YA
  • 2 sci-fi, 4 mystery thrillers

Books read this month:


Crazy Foolish Robots was pretty fun and cute. It had an interesting premise and the robots were all very endearing. It wasn't amazing, but I didn't have a bad time reading this. Lol.

Wrong Place Wrong Time was SO GOOD! It's a mystery thriller where a mother witnesses her son commit a murder and then she's suddenly thrust into a time loop all while trying to solve this mystery. BUT instead of your normal time loop where the character lives the same day over and over, she keeps going back in time! And it was just so well done! And the mystery was interesting. 

I got the audiobook for The Trouble with Tinsel for free in the author's newsletter. I actually already read this novella last year, but the only reason I even decided to give this a listen is because of the ridiculous Sexy Santa song 😂 And it was totally worth it! It was so much fun! And the narrator captured Triana's sass and just all the other characters so perfectly! I really loved it!


How to Survive Your Murder was another mystery thriller with a time displacement component. And while I loved the premise, idk, I didn't end up loving the book as much as I thought I would. I thought the main character was pretty dumb, despite her being a horror movie fan, and the end was just... no. Not it. If it this was a horror movie then yes! It would totally work! But I didn't love it here.

Four Found Dead was so good! It takes place mostly in one day, which I always love, and it is set in an abandoned mall being ready to be torn down. And basically it's a bunch of teenagers running away from a killer. I loved it! This book doesn't come out till May though, but definitely keep an eye out for it if you like mystery thrillers!

My Secret to Tell was another mystery thriller by Natalie D. Richards, and while I liked it, I didn't like it as much as I did Four Found Dead. I mean, the mystery was interesting, but some of the characters... idk. I did like the romance though! And I am looking forward to reading more books by this author.

Favorite book of the month:


Wrong Place Wrong Time was so well done! I really enjoyed it! And Four Found Dead was another good mystery thriller. I really loved the setting of this one!

Least favorite book of the month:


It's not that I disliked this book, but I just expected it to be better than it was 🙁

Books reviewed this month:


Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★


The Do-Over by Lynn Painter | ★★★★★
An Unexpected Boyfriend for Christmas by Janette Rallison | ★★★★☆


Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux | ☆☆☆☆☆
Stolen Luck by Jaclyn Weist | ☆☆☆☆☆
A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan | ☆☆☆☆☆

Other posts:

Decluttering My TBR... Again!
2022 End of the Year Book Tag

3 Bookish Things I Learned About Myself in 2022
2023 Reading Challenges

5 Books I want to Read Before the End of 2022
2022 End of the Year Freak Out Tag

2022 End of Year Survey
The 3 Books I DNFd in 2022

2023 Author Catch-Up Reading Challenge:
Rachel Vincent







Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

3 comments:

  1. Wrong Place Wrong Time sounds amazing! I love the idea of a backwards time loop and haven't read a book like this one before. As you know, I'm in the middle of reading and loving The Do-Over by Lynn Painter--after Emilie discovers DONC, I've never stopped grinning while reading. I'm glad you loved it too. Happy New Year, Lili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong Place Wrong Time was SO good! I highly recommend it! And I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying The Do-Over as much as I am! Lol

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. so much good info here!! thank you

    ReplyDelete