Monday, September 2, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #383: WesLiz Derailed My Plans (But That's Okay Because I Love Them)


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


I read two purple books this past week and they were both SO good! Jennifer Estep always delivers with entertaining stories and non-stop action! Not to mention all the great characters and their fun interactions!

And Nothing Like the Movies... omg. This book did a number on me 😭 Going into this I wasn't even sure if I was going to be in the right mood for it just because I have to be in a very specific mood for romances. But I ended up reading this in only TWO days! And it's a pretty lengthy book for a romance! (It's only 448 pages, but that's long for a romance!) I was actually not expecting it to be as heartbreaking as it was, but I was HOOKED!! And the romance was SO cute! I am in love with Wes 😍 I mean, I already loved him after reading Better Than the Movies, but this book made me love him all over again 🥰 Finishing this book, I actually had a book hangover... and I haven't had one in SO long!! I just could not stop thinking about it! I love Lynn Painter and her fluffy romances that have realistic and complex characters 😌


Currently reading:


I started this one on a whim last night after I got sucked into a Greek mythology rabbit hole while I was scrolling through Pinterest, of all places 😂 But I just finished reading Percy Jackson's Greek Gods not that long ago, which I loved, and I was planning on starting this one soonish. So I guess now is soonish. Lol. I love Percy and his sass so I already know I'm going to like this one. Lol.


Up next:


Because Nothing Like the Movies gave me a book hangover, I was thinking about reading some more WesLiz short stories/bonus content. Nothing Better Than You just came out a couple days ago and it is Wes and Liz's first kiss from Better Than the Movies in Wes's POV! And there is also a short story where they take a road trip to California, that I was thinking of reading. And that road trip was actually mentioned in Nothing Like the Movies! HOWEVER, my plan after finishing Nothing Like the Movies was to get started on my spooky books, but now I don't know... WesLiz really derailed my plans 😆 I'm gonna wait for now and see what happens with my book hangover. Meanwhile, I have some Percy Jackson that I can read. Lol. If it comes down to it, I can just read them ALL at the same time. Lol. (Although it may be jarring, and having more than one book on my Currently Reading shelf makes me a little crazy even though it shouldn't because I do it all the time 🤦‍♀️ Lol).


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. hahahah I just love to read posts where people gush about things they love because they go crazy 😂

    you know what girl, you go and read ALL the books at the same time! You can do it and you're gonna have the time of your life 😂

    *p.s. reading a 450 page romance book is something else, that reading slump got nothing on you 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, indeed, crazy, which is weird because I never thought it would happen for a contemporary romance 😂 Reading slump where? With how fast I read the book you wouldn't even know I had just gotten over a 3-month reading slump. Lol.

      Delete