Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Spooky Season TBR


It is my favorite time of year, Spooky Season, and honestly, I'm just very happy right now 😌 (I'm aware it's still technically Summer... don't rain on my parade 😆)


I haven't done a TBR post ALL year because I've just sort of been going with whatever my mood wants, but I thought I'd do one in honor of spooky season and see how things go. Last year when I did a Spooky Season TBR, things went terribly, so hopefully I have better luck this time. (I actually have some books from last year's list on this list again, sooo... 😅) This list mostly consists of horror books because that's just sort of what I'm in the mood for. No mystery thrillers this year, I want straight horror! Lol.


Adult Supernatural Horror:


I sort of added these first two books on impulse. I was scrolling through my books when I came across these and I remembered that these have been on my TBR for a VERY long time. I have enjoyed some of Grady Hendrix's other books, so this is probably the perfect time to read these. I don't know if I will actually read them, but they are a good option. Mortuary Manor is part of the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series, which is one of my favorite series! I don't know exactly when this book will be released, but the author said sometime this Autumn, so I'm going to be keeping an eye out for it.


Adult Sci-fi Horror:


And now for the genre I cannot get enough of... Sci-fi Horror! These first two books are space horror, specifically, and I have ARCs of both of them. This World is Not Yours comes out on September 10th, and Revenant-X comes out on November 5th. Out of all of these books, I am particularly excited about Revenant-X, and I know you know because I have not been able to shut up about it 😆 Dai Dark is a manga that I just got from the library. I don't really know much about this one except it's like necromancers in space or something. Lol. Idk. I'm looking forward to it!


And up next I have some Mira Grant books. I have read a couple of books by this author and she does horror SO well! Plus, I really love all the science she incorporates into her books. The first two books are novellas, so they should be pretty quick reads, and the other two are the last two books in the Parasite trilogy which I started earlier in the year. I am very excited to see how that series wraps up!


Adult Horror Comedy:


This is another book that has been on my TBR for a LONG time! And I haven't read this one because I just don't want the series to end 😭 This is the last volume of the series, a series which I have really, really enjoyed. It's just fun and wacky and I really love the horror/comedy combo.


Adult Nonfiction Horror(ish):


American Scary, as the subtitle suggests, looks into the history of horror. It doesn't come out till October 1st and I don't have an ARC, but I am still very excited about this one. Dark Archives isn't really horror, not like American Scary, but with a subtitle like A Librarian's Investigation into the Science and History of Books Bound in Human Skin, one could argue that it IS horror 😰 I am SO intrigued by this one!


YA Horror:


Up next we've got some spooky YA books. The Haunting takes place around Halloween, so it's perfect! And Find Him Where You Left Him Dead is Japanese-inspired, which I love.


YA Urban Fantasy:


And these are not horror, but they are witchy in nature so it's perfect for this time of year! (Spellcaster Wild Card also comes out on October 1st, but I do have an early special edition of it).


Middle Grade Mystery:


And this last one was also an impulse add. I've been meaning to get back into this series, so this might be the right time. I really like Kiersten White's middle grade novels because they are really fun and wacky and a little spooky. They're SO good!


Let me know if you've read any of these books or what is on your TBR list for this spooky season! 😊 And if you have any horror book recommendations, let me know 👀 I love horror! Lol.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely needed more sci-fi horror for my autumn reading lists and out of all of these, for some reason, Square3 is pulling me in the most 🤔

    And congrats on making a TBR! Those things are not easy, despite what people might think 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always on the look out for sci-fi horror, and I've found that Mira Grant is always a good one to go with.

      Thanks 😆 Yeah, it's why I don't do them often. I'm too much of a mood reader to stick with them. Lol. But we'll see how this one goes. Lol.

      Delete