Monday, September 9, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #384: Reading A Little Bit of Everything (Because Idk What My Mood Wants)


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


Because Nothing Like the Movies gave me a book hangover, I decided to read even more WesLiz content, and it was honestly the best decision of my life 😌 (I'm being dramatic, but also, am I? Lol). Nothing Better Than You is Wes and Liz's first kiss in Wes's POV and I loved it! I just love how much he loves Liz! It is SO cute!

After that I went back to my horror books and, honestly, that was not the best decision of my life. Lol. I was expecting a sci-fi horror from This World is Not Yours, and while we did get a bit of that toward the last half of the novella, this book was mostly a domestic drama and that was just not it for me 😬 It wasn't a horrible book, I liked the concept, but it also was not at all what I was expecting, so I was a bit disappointed by it.

So to make myself feel better I went back for more WesLiz goodness 😆 Wes & Liz's College Road Trip is exactly as the title describes. Lol. And it was a lot of fun! And SO freaking cute! I cannot get over how cute they are together! 🥰

And after that, I read another sci-fi horror because my mood literally cannot decide what it wants 😂 It wants horror, but it also cannot get enough of Lynn Painter at the moment. Lol. I really liked Symbiont though! Mira Grant just does horror SO well!! It was crazy and intriguing and this one ended in quite a cliffhanger so I cannot wait to find out what happens in the final book of the trilogy!


Currently reading:


I finished reading the first chapter about the original Perseus and it was good, of course. Percy just makes me laugh so much! I love his take on these myths!


Up next:


Next, I'm going to start a horror comedy, which is the last book in a series I love, but I also think I'm going to start a nonfiction medical science-y book. (But I also got more Lynn Painter books from the library yesterday soooo 👀 Lol).


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. this post was a whole rollercoaster 😂 I'm glad you got to enjoy more of your fave couple! there's something special about having extra scenes, or different POVs from your fave books 😍

    for some reason, whenever I look at that Tales from the Gas Station cover, I think it's a poster from some 90s horror movie, it has that specific vibe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! 😂 Hahaha I can definitely see that about Tales from the Gas Station

      Delete
  2. I'm reading Nothing Like the Movies right now, I need to get ahold of all the little stories that go with it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! All the stories are on either Lynn Painter's website or on Simon Teen!

      Delete