Sunday, September 1, 2024

Sunday Post #417: It's Finally Here!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So I went back to work on Wednesday, which was also the first day of school for my patient. She is in 5th grade now and I still cannot wrap my head around that! I have been taking care of her since she was 18 months!! And this might be my last year with her, and I am not emotionally prepared for that 😭 Anyway, being back at that school was completely fine this week. I was honestly shocked. The kids are behaving, the drama and gossip are at a minimum (so far 😒), so I am really hoping this will be a good year. After this school year, I won't be returning to that school, so hopefully, it will be a good one. Fingers crossed.

In other news, I got more stickers! And they're super cute!


I have been getting all these stickers lately because I've been wanting to decorate my boring Kindle covers, so once I do that, I'll show you the finished products! I also got these really cute magnetic bookmarks! I love how they each correspond to a different genre! I will definitely be using these nonstop! (Some more than others 👀 lol).


And I owe you an update on my hair color because it's been a while since I said I was going to do it 😅 But here it is... it's purple. Lol. It's always purple. Lol. This time it turned out a little bit bluer than I wanted, but it's fine. It's still a nice color. (Yes I am wearing my Spooky Reading t-shirt... you're lucky I waited THIS long to wear it 😆)


What I've been watching:

This past week before I went back to work I watched Army of the Dead, The Lost City, and The Fall Guy.


The first one was fine. The second was a lot of fun and a movie I've been meaning to watch for a while. And The Fall Guy was SO freaking good! I don't know what it was about that movie, but it just made me SO happy! I just really liked the second-chance romance and all the cool action! And also, I just love Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt. Lol.

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about life sucker punching you, and having to start from square one." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

With work starting back up, I don't think I played anything this week, shockingly. Except for Ring Fit Adventure. I'm still doing that. And I am sore. Lol.

Nail art of the week:


Nothing too exciting this week... just some neon polishes that have iridescent flakies. They're very pretty though.

On the Blog

Books reviewed this week:

★★★☆☆
★★★☆☆
★★★☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#382: Omg The Progress!
August 2024

Book Haul

Purchased:

 

Secrets of Blackthorn Hall is finally here! 😭 I backed this Shadowhunters project on Kickstarted as soon as Cassie Clare announced it! I believe it was last November, and the project basically consists of four Shadowhunter books. They're not part of the main Shadowhunter Chronicles, they're gonna be mostly collections of short stories, I believe, and this first one is a collection of short stories that Cassie previously released on tumblr a while back. This first shipment also came with a bunch of other goodies, including a signed bookplate, a chapter sampler for The Wicked Powers (!!!), and a notebook! I love everything so much! Even the packaging it came in was cool! Lol.

 

And here is a close-up of the book. I love the dust jacket with the gold details, but my favorite thing is the hardback underneath 😍 It's SO pretty!


And there are some nice illustrations on the inside as well.


And this is the notebook, which also comes with a bunch of illustrations inside. This one in particular is one of my favorites 😍 This is Emma and Julian from The Dark Artifices. I believe this is from a scene in Lady Midnight, but I could be mistaken. It's been a couple of years since I read that book. But I do remember that scene and that it was one of my favorites 😏 Lol. Anyway, I am just SO happy with it! And I am very excited to finally read Secrets of Blackthorn Hall! I am pretty much caught up with all things Shadowhunters. I only have Ghosts of the Shadow Market left to read, and I've just been holding onto it for a rainy day. But I finally have more Shadowhunter goodness to tide me over until The Wicked Powers series starts releasing 🥰


For Review:


I have been SO obsessed with sci-fi horror lately, so I am very happy that my request for This World is Not Yours was approved. Thank you Tor Nightfire! I cannot wait to read this!


Library Loot:


And this book has been on my mind for WEEKS now! I read the first book, Parasite, a couple months ago and I really enjoyed it! And with Spooky Season basically upon us, I thought this was the perfect time to get back into horror, so I grabbed the sequel from the library! I am also very excited to read this one!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I love the stickers and your hair! I didn't get in and order the Shadowhunters Kickstarter, and now I kind of wish I did, that stuff is so cool! Fingers crossed you have a great school year! I also liked The Fall Guy and The Lost City. Both were so much fun! I have a copy of Parasite by Mira Grant on my TBR bookcase and I need to read it! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO excited about all the Shadowhunter goodies! I am such a sucker for anything Shadowhunter related so I knew I had to back the project otherwise I was going to seriously regret it. Lol

      I really enjoyed Parasite! Hopefully you like it when you get to it!

      Delete