Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Post #420: A Better-ish Week... I Guess


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Last week was not my week, but this week wasn't bad. The stomach bug I had lasted maybe two days, which I am thankful for. That was not fun. And the situation with the email I sent... well, I only just heard back from Amazon yesterday after over a week 🙄 Yeah, it's an issue with Amazon and it's still not resolved. It's so frustrating because I explained my issue in the message I sent and I got back an automated response that was irrelevant to the problem I was having! I'm just so annoyed. I sent back a reply and I'm hoping to have this issue resolved before the week is over because I just can't. It's so dumb.

Anyway, aside from that drama, nothing too exciting. I did get my flu and covid vaccines yesterday. I typically always get some symptoms with the covid one, so we will see how I'm feeling today. (Update: fever started at 2am and this morning everything hurts 😭) And omg was it expensive! It was like $200!! 💀 And no, I don't have insurance because the health insurance situation in the US is a freaking joke. So you know what I did? I bought some nail art supplies (and I'm thinking about buying even more Sims 4 DLC) to make myself feel better 😭 Why am I like this? Make it make sense 😂

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about wanting to hide your emotions from people. Sometimes it's a very specific person, whether you don't want to seem weak or effected by them, this happens to everyone at some point." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

Two new kits just came out for The Sims 4 and I think I'm going to buy them 👀 I'm going to use them to build my legacy family a new house. I started it yesterday and I'm hoping to work on it more today... if I don't feel like I'm dying 😂 Okay, I didn't actually build it... not yesterday at least. Lol. This is a house I made a couple weeks ago that was base game only, and I moved my family in yesterday and now I am renovating the place to suit my Sims better. I knew this build was going to come in handy one day 😆

Nail art of the week:


A little bit of a candy corn-inspired nail art this week. I added a chrome powder over top and I love it! I don't use chrome powders as much as I would like because they look best over gel polish and I just don't like gel polish. Lol. But every once in a while, I make an exception for it. Lol.

On the Blog

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★★
★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#385: A Little More of Everything

Book Haul

Purchased:


My library only had this one on audio, and since I don't really do audio I ended up buying the ebook with the last of my gift card credit. I think I ended up paying like $0.40 lol.


Library Loot:


I cannot tell you the number of times I've checked out Circe only to have to return it back to the library unread because I'm a mood reader 😂 Maybe this time I'll actually get around to it! I also got a nonfiction book that sounded very interesting.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your nails! I wish I had someone to do mine like that, so much fun! I'm like you with money stuff. When I have to spend money on things that suck or are too expensive but have to be spent, I will reward myself by buying a book or a new Bru-Mate mug, because I deserve it. Even if I shouldn't be spending the money, lol. Why are we that way? Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm glad you understand about the retail therapy 😂 It's tough out here. Lol.

      Delete