Saturday, November 26, 2022

Get to Know the Sci-Fi Reader Tag


I've been very into sci-fi lately, so I thought this tag would be very appropriate to do right now! I found it over at Monstrumology, and this tag was modified by BookswithEmilyFox from the ‘Get to Know the Romance Reader Tag’.

1. What is your sci-fi origin story? (How you came to read your first sci-fi novel)


I believe it was this one? I read this back in high school, and I think it's sci-fi? Sci-fi adjacent, at least. Lol. I remember enjoying the series! It had a very interesting premise!

2. If you could be the hero/heroine in a sci-fi novel, who would be the author and what’s one trope you’d insist be in the story?


I LOVE Jennifer Estep's writing!! We all know that at his point 😆 One trope I would demand is Found Family. I love that trope! And Gin's found family in the Elemental Assassin series is one of my favorites!

3. What is a sci-fi you’ve read this year, that you want more people to read?


Speaking of Jennifer Estep 😆 She just released her FIRST sci-fi book and it was AMAZING! 

4. What is your favorite sci-fi subgenre? What subgenre have you not read much from?


My favorite subgenre is definitely horror! But I love anything horror-related 😆 What I haven't read much of is hard sci-fi. Maybe I'll get there one day, but it's not gonna be today. Lol.

5. Who is one of your auto-buy sci-fi authors?



I am OBSSESSED with the Space Janitor world and will read anything involving it! Lol.

6. How do you typically find sci-fi recommendations? (Goodreads, YouTube, Podcasts, Instagram...)


I actually watch BookswithEmilyFox on YouTube, so I've found some sci-fi books through her. But the other place I find them is My Book Cave! I love it! You basically sign up for this newsletter type thing where they send you links to retailers for free and discounted books! I love it because you can select your preferences so you only get the types of books you read in your inbox. I believe I found the Space Janitor series and Girl of Flesh and Metal through My Book Cave! And now I've been getting a ton of recommendations through Julia Huni's newsletter!

7. What is an upcoming sci-fi release you’re excited for?


This is the last book in the trilogy and I'm excited to see how it's all going to wrap up!

8. What is one misconception about sci-fi you would like to lay to rest?


I honestly don't know. I didn't read a whole lot of sci-fi up until last year when I found Space Janitor and binge read the entire series 😆 And now sci-fi is all I want. Lol.

9. If someone had never read a sci-fi before and asked you to recommend the first 3 books that come to mind as places to start, what would those recommendations be?


The Space Janitor series is so much fun! It's this sort of cozy mystery but set in space! I love it! And then The Lunar Chronicles, because what better way to get into sci-fi than with something familiar, such as fairy tales! I loved this sci-fi/futuristic take on these fairy tales! It was great! And of course I'm going to recommend a Jennifer Estep book because her writing is amazing! Lol.

10. Who is the most recent sci-fi reading content creator you came across that you’d like to shoutout?


Idk that I've found anyone recently... but I've been watching BookswithEmilyFox for a while and she reads quite a bit of sci-fi!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment